Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Coyote powered Cobra for sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote powered Cobra for sale.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-shelby-cobra-34/

This is not mine but I did build it. One of my best cars. Would be a great deal for someone.
    Mike

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've been fortunate enough to see one of Mike's builds and his work is top notch.

If he says it is one of his best efforts then I'd suggest that you Coyote Fans jump on this one if you don't feel like giving up a year or more of your life building one.

Happy Bidding Ya'll!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 07-02-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the deal here Mike? Do you know why he is selling it after 300 miles?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't think he liked the car once it was done. Hot, loud no creature comforts etc. while I was building it, he was talking about buying a Corvette Z06 That is what he is doing now.
    I know the reserve and its REAL close. Someone jump on this
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice car, priced right.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    What is the deal here Mike? Do you know why he is selling it after 300 miles?
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post

I really don't think he liked the car once it was done. Hot, loud no creature comforts etc. while I was building it, he was talking about buying a Corvette Z06 That is what he is doing now.
    He answered that question in the comments below the listing:

"Honestly my wife does not like it because its too fast and she burnt her leg on the exhaust when getting out. We have limited months in MA with good weather so I want something we can both enjoy, so unfortunately, I am getting something else (Happy wife happy life…or so they say).

It is a beautiful car and I do love it, but it just does not work for me and that is why I am selling it, otherwise the car is perfect. No other reason."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    I know the reserve and its REAL close. Someone jump on this
    Mike
    I think a lot of folks fall in love with the idea of owning one of these cars.

It is sort of like dating an Exotic Dancer in that you will either have the time of your life or hate it once you realize what you have done. Like the dancer, the Cobra is NOT the kind of girl you take home to meet your Mom; however, she is so much fun to party with compared to the rest.

Just understand that both will bite you in the end if you aren't really, really, really careful.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 07-02-2019 at 12:05 PM.

8. Likes SSNK4US, cgundermann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or those fun girls from Mount Pilot...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fun_Girls

10. Likes SSNK4US liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like it's on its way to a new home... Super quick adoption.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve.... Mike223 LOL!!!!!!
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like

i got it home Friday

Quote Originally Posted by SerpantFL View Post
    Looks like it's on its way to a new home... Super quick adoption.
    Hi guys,

This is my first post on the FFR forum. I'm the guy that bought the car that Mike linked to. I actually had it delivered to NY on a flatbed this Friday morning. A huge thank you to Mike Everson not only for building this beautiful car but also for already answering countless stupid questions from me. I bought the car sight-unseen based on his reputation as a builder and it is pretty much perfect.

This is my first Cobra. And it was actually the first time i've ever even sat in a Cobra, never mind actually driven one. Always a dream for me since I was a 5-6 yrs old car nut kid and i'm happy that my father is still alive to see the dream finally realized.

The car is overwhelmingly brutal and analog. It will take some time for me to get comfortable with it. I've owned and driven many very fast modern cars..... but this Cobra (as i'm sure most are) is from another planet. It is a very intimidating car for me having no real frame of reference for what I was getting into to.

I finally got my wife in it for a quick ride and I was really relieved that she likes it so much. She navigated the side exhaust and managed the 4pt seatbelts like a champ. Smiled from ear to ear the whole ride (only about 2 miles).

I look forward to all the wisdom and experience on this forum to guide me along the way.

14. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CASCADE1 View Post

The car is overwhelmingly brutal and analog.

I look forward to all the wisdom and experience on this forum to guide me along the way.
    Yes it is - welcome to the party.

Be safe - Start here:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...r-soon-to-be-s

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys,

This is my first post on the FFR forum. I'm the guy that bought the car.
    Welcome To The Factory Five Family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for linking to that newbie owner thread. Oh my word, it is truly spot-on.

i will be driving this car extremely carefully and conservatively for quite some time. I'll be honest, my first impression upon getting in it initially was that I bit off much more than I could chew.

I've only taken a few very short drives in it since Friday (it's still not registered thanks to the NYS Communist DMV). Each drive i have gotten slightly more comfortable with it.

I am doing my first track day with some formal professional instruction in a couple of weeks, and even though it will be in a BMW, I hope it will help.

thanks again for the welcome!
    Last edited by CASCADE1; 07-08-2019 at 03:12 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for linking to that newbie owner thread. Oh my word, it is truly spot-on.

I am doing my first track day with some formal professional instruction in a couple of weeks, and even though it will be in a BMW, I hope it will help.
    My pal Phil, Mr. Phil as we call him, is teaching me and it is helping; however, he's told me that my car reminds him of his old ride (90803) from a power to weight ratio. He has been racing for about 30 years and instructs at NOLA Motorsports in his spare time.

My Point Is To Respect Your Car Because It Can Kill You!

Phil's TOJ 206 Current Car
    https://youtu.be/zm2RdZ-FJmA
    https://youtu.be/uFm3CM8_Zf8
    https://youtu.be/JhR21Q24xHU

Phil's Previous Ride / Porsche 90803
    https://youtu.be/hsvEx4vDVdg

The cool part about the Coyote is you can drive it at lower RPM's and it is a well mannered dandy, until you use that go pedal.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 07-08-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Cascade1! Congrats on the purchase, I was following it on BAT and you got a nice one. Now go out and enjoy!
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be honest, my first impression upon getting in it initially was that I bit off much more than I could chew.

I always recommend autocross for Cobra guys - Learn to master your driver inputs in first and second gear in a relatively safe environment.

Anyone who doesn't want to master those skills in first and second - had better watch out in 3rd + 4th...

Post Thanks / Like

update

just wanted to post a quick update and a couple pics from yesterday..... I'm FINALLY wearing my big boy pants and am getting really comfortable with the car and enjoying the heck out of it. big learning curve but really rewarding. Love the Coyote and Tremec. Even starting to love the cable clutch (although it makes it really difficult to quickly transition back to a modern manual transmission). I'm looking forward to Mark Dougherty coming out next month to sort a few minor dogs and cats and then being able to enjoy the car in some hopefully cooler weather in September and October before Winter. Pics from this weekend at my local firehouse and thank you again to everyone for all the great advice. PS- Hey Mike Everson, I just discovered the USB charging port behind the driver's seatback!!!! what a cool surprise!

https://imgur.com/a/s2AgmEt
    https://imgur.com/a/4Pe7cgj

Post Thanks / Like
    CASCADE1, Good luck with the car, and watch those roads. We just left NYC for good partially because of the abusive streets, (even when freshly spray painted black, not paved) so drive safe and enjoy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats CASCADE, a thought for you if you plan on driving the car alot as I do, you may want some sort of protection for that big aluminum radiator. I had Mark Dougherty install a grill on the opening others have used a Nomex blanket. The thoughts of a rock or something punching a hole in that grill kept me up at night

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All, i've put about 500 miles on this car since I registered it in August and it remains in perfect condition. My plan was to enjoy the car through this spring and summer and list it for sale in late summer timeframe. However, I thought i'd throw a feeler out here for any interested buyers in the near term. Here is the original BaT listing: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-shelby-cobra-34/ .Mike Everson built it in 2018 and Mark Dougherty came out this past September and serviced and sorted it. bumpers have been swapped out for chromed quick jacks and powered by ford emblems have been added. As you can see it is a non-donor car with all new parts, gen2 crate coyote, TKO 600, power steering, brake upgrade, IRS. I think everything you'd want to know is in the original BaT listing (including build sheets) but if you have any questions please let me know. Car is on a clean NYS, lien free title (2018 Replica) and currently sits in my clean, climate controlled garage on a battery tender. I'm looking to get what I have into the car (about $52k) as I really think I got a screaming deal on the car. It drives like a dream and needs absolutely nothing. I'm not listing it anywhere else. If it doesn't sell i'll continue to enjoy it and relist it on BaT 5-6 months from now. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a guy looking for current/former MA registered/titled car on Facebook earlier today in one of the groups..

Post Thanks / Like
    Sold. Sad to see it go but it's going to a nice new home in Houston.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sold. Sad to see it go but it's going to a nice new home in Houston.
    Sold already! That was pretty short ownership.

BTW, I used to live in New Hampton. Graduated from Goshen CHS. Rode an ambulance there, and went through Pine Island many many times. Still have family there.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

28. Likes chuckster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings all, I was going to introduce myself on the forum sooner or later. I recently purchased the car that this thread was created for. I couldn’t thank Cascade enough for the awesome opportunity and for being a phenomenal seller, true gentleman. Anyways, I’m sure I’ll be around here more often than usual to bother you guys about the cobra! And if anyone in the Houston area would like to go cruise let me know, I’d be looking forward to it.
    Cheers,
    Cody

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Cody! Enjoy her.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you enjoy the car as much as I enjoyed building it.
    Mike