Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Windshield Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Windshield Gap

I am fitting the windshield and one side has a fairly substantial gap at the edge. The other side fits well to the body. I am trying to sand down a little bit at a time to make it fit a bit better, but I am not sure how close I will be able to get. I have not yet put the put the seal on and tightened the bolts, so maybe that will make a difference. Do I just leave it like this, or are there other options?

Windshield 2.jpg
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Gen 1 or Gen 2 body? looks like Gen 1, I adjusted the body and my hard top to have a closer fit as i have both. Mine is a Gen 1 body.
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas

Post Thanks / Like
    Gen 1, body is from 2015.
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod

Post Thanks / Like
    Any other suggestions for the windshield frame? I have reached out to FFR but they haven't responded yet.
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also having issues with fitment: 1/2 in gap in middle and the sides are ok.... i am having to grind both the sides, IMO too much ....
    anyone have any solutions (Gen 2) body

Post Thanks / Like
    I also ran into a problem with the windshield fitment on my Gen 2, however it was the corners in my case. The center will pull up slightly when you tighten the bolts. Mine was so bad that they sent me another windshield (nice guys they thought I might have received a bad one) . The second one fit much better but I still wasn't satisfied with the corners. I elected to fiberglass the edge of the cowl (change the curvature by about a 1/4" ) as opposed to the grinding idea as I did not like the look of the frame itself after the grinding process. This is a picture of my original windshield fitment issue. I don't have a good picture of the final installation but maybe you can get an idea of the fit with this overall picture. Ray
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to grind some on both sides of the car at the stantchions. Middle was way out of wack but once I got the ends to match the curve I gradually tightened the bolts across the bottom of the frame (installed 2" flat washers first) and it will pull up and conform to the windshield frame. Just go up a little at a time on each bolt.