Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Console

Post Thanks / Like

Console

A few months ago i saw an aluminum filler to fit between bottom of the dash and tranny hump, i cant find it now, does anybody know who was selling them?
    Thanks
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like

Whitby Motor Cars sells them. They are 3 pieces of aluminium with bent edges to rivet together. There is enough spare alloy in your kit to make one from scratch if you want too.

Mine has a radio, 2X6" speakers in the sides, pull handles for footbox ventilation & switches for the inline fans in the vent tubes. The console also supports the dash so I don't need to put screws in the upper face of the dash.
    Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-02-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I may have the pattern for that if you want to bend one up for yourself.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    I made my own from aluminum sheet. I prefer a more upright console and built it so that it is set back under the edge of the dash a bit.

MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

Post Thanks / Like
    30F01638-F94E-4F58-BF2B-184AEB29BBA0.jpeg

Here is mine. Started with cardboard, making an aluminum version this weekend.
    Factory Five Racing Roadster MKIV -- #9196 -- 347ci, 475 HP, 5 Speed, Plymouth Prowler Orange Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by RJD; 07-04-2019 at 06:38 AM.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

7. Likes RAMRobAZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve never seen an elbow console like that. I’ll have to mock one up and try it.
    Factory Five Racing Roadster MKIV -- #9196 -- 347ci, 475 HP, 5 Speed, Plymouth Prowler Orange Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

sjDave's Concole

I copied sjDave's concole and like the way it fits and looks. It can also support the lower part of the dash if needed. I do have the pattern somewhere, PM me if desired. I mocked it up in a light cardboard first.

George

10. Likes RAMRobAZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GWL;373143]I copied sjDave's concole and like the way it fits and looks. It can also support the lower part of the dash if needed. I do have the pattern somewhere, PM me if desired. I mocked it up in a light cardboard first.

Hey George, glad you were able to build one off the template and are happy with the result. If anyone else wants a template PM me with your Email Address. Here's some pics of the finished console like Georges in my car. I did attach another strip of aluminum to the bottom flange of the Dash with RivNuts that the console screws into and two hinged lower dash panels either side that have courtesy lights in them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Likes Ducky2009 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy everybodys looks great, Ray i sent a pm with my email. Thanks to all the responses, gives even more ideas.
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RJD View Post
    Built not bought.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]109999[/ATTACh
    I like the cup holder. Think I'll do the same.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    I designed a narrower console that aligns with the gauges with mirror finished stainless for the faceplate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    A few months ago i saw an aluminum filler to fit between bottom of the dash and tranny hump, i cant find it now, does anybody know who was selling them?
    Thanks
    Walt
    I bought one from Whitby

https://www.whitbymotorcars.com/product/center-console/

I notched the underdash filler I got from Mike Everson (Replica Parts) so it would slide up - it doesn't support the dash.

Probably could make one that fits better. In hindsight, I probably would, but if you don't want to make one, Whitby's is an option.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Console plans

CONSOLE 4 FLAT - FULL SIZE.PDFCONSOLE 4.PDF

These are the plans I have for making a center console that fits under the dash. Hope these help.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

18. Thanks AgileYeti thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Ray,
    I'm trying to figure out how to add a pdf. How did you do it?
    George

Post Thanks / Like
    SJDave, where did you find the material to match the dash, and does the hump cover just cover the carpet?
    Thanks
    Walt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    SJDave, where did you find the material to match the dash, and does the hump cover just cover the carpet?
    Thanks
    Walt
    Hey Walt,

The padded Vinyl was ordered from Factory Five as a bulk Roll, so it matches their dash material perfectly. Don't know if they still list it in the product offerings, this was 2010 when I bought it, maybe call them.

Yes, the carpet comes over the top edge about 2". I installed (6) 1/4 x 20 Rivnuts in the top of the tranny structure. I needed 1" thick plywood so that my cup holders would clear the top of the TKO 500 tranny, I cut the bent sides off the FFR supplied tranny cover aluminum and used some adhesive and some wood screws to laminate it to the bottom surface of the marine plywood (fire protection). I made some Black Nylon washers and used some Stainless thin head allen bolts from McMaster Carr to attach both the tranny cover, the console, the under dash panels and the Dash itself. I like the functional look. It's sure nice being able to pull the tranny cover for working on the car down the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got mine at a place called "Mill Outlet Village" in Raleigh. Might be part of a chain.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

24. Likes RJD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my console. Did mock up out of cardboard to get shape then fabricated out of 1/8" alum & laminated with Sapele wood and carbon fibre sheet.Console.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Cupholdersplus.com sells one that makes a nice armrest. It's called the drinkster narrow bench seat console. Worked for me. Had to cut the back side of the console to fit tight against the rear bulkhead wall of the cockpit. Not a major issue. It's plywood wrapped in leather. Shifter boot ring clears the front if the console by 1/2 inch. Added bonus is a little bit of storage area in the console for smaller items.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not do it in carbon Fiber....

095 S.jpg
    Mark IV base kit, 2015 Coyote, Wilwood brakes, IRS-3.55 TruTrac, T56, ABS, PS, Nitto G2, Carbon fiber Dash