Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gen III Wiring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sure wouldn't mount the fuse panel that way. That's a huge trade-off in convenience (my opinion) to have to remove the access panel every time you need to get to the fuse panel. Not only the access panel, but I assume you know that area is also under where the body extends past the firewall. So you don't even have a direct view into it. Not even sure how much it helps the congestion in there anyway. Plus you still have other parts to go, like the Coyote wiring, PDB, fuel lines, etc. Mounting the fuse panel face down on that diagonal bar maybe looks a little clunky, but the wires don't interfere with the footbox or MC's. And everything else fits. Just takes some planning and large doses of patience. Here's mine FWIW. You can see a couple cables going across the MC area. But one is the Coyote DBW and the other clutch hydraulic line. I did take the Ron Francis and Coyote harnesses apart and shorten/clean things up a bit. But that's also because I chose to jam a bunch of other stuff in there, like a headlight control module, keyless start, T-56 module, additional A/C hoses, etc. But the location of the fuse panel itself didn't interfere. More pictures in my build thread with all this cleaned up and finished.

Last edited by edwardb; 07-07-2019 at 06:59 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

2. Thanks Tree thanked for this post