BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Anyone feel the shaker in S. California.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone feel the shaker in S. California.

Largest quake in that region in 20 years according to the news..
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    I was driving at the time but a few friends felt it good here in Fresno. We are about 250 north of LA. The epicenter was in Ridgecrest . That's between Fresno and LA towards the east.

Post Thanks / Like
    Family says they felt it here in Las Vegas - farther west then I live in Henderson. Coming from SoCal originally, anything less than 7.0 is just a "shaker" for the people that have lived there most of their lives. I lived thru 4 major quakes when I lived there before '88 when I moved to Vegas.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did not feel a thing!
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bakersfield yep

Lol Doc. I was in the SFV during the big Sylmar quake. My mom was still there 6 miles from the northridge one... trashed her house pretty bad

Kurt
    Last edited by SSNK4US; 07-04-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    8:19 this evening, just a few minutes ago, 7.1 outside of Ridgecrest again. Water in our swimming pool was splashing out the sides. We felt this one.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Felt this one tonight also. Standing on the street, you could really tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoo-Hoo, sure felt last nights "rollercoaster" trembler coming from mid California. 1st one on the 4th didn't feel it but last nights event was an long forgotten experience for me, a former resident of SoCal.

Kurt, I was on the bottom floor of the eight story Standard Oil building, downtown LA, when the Sylmar quake hit - wasn't too sure I was going to make it out alive. A lot of that building came apart (built in the late 20's). We found glass water bottles 30' down the hallway after we started to inspect stuff - elevator shafts collapsed completely, shelving on the 8th was all twisted out of shape and the files boxes were scattered every where.

That was NOT a fun ride for me and the people inside that morning . . .

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

9. Likes SSNK4US liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of rolling motion here. A couple of days ago, I was under the roadster and wondered how fast I could get out of there, if an earthquake hit?
    Mk3.1 Complete kit #6846 Delv. 12/20/08-- Finished 2/11/11, 89 302 EFI,T-5, 3-Link, 17" Halibrands, Nitto 555 245-315 tires, widened drivers footbox w/ dead pedal, extended passengers footbox,Sapphire Blue Met & Wimbledon White stripes,radiator stone guard shield, Build blog http://jimsffrcobrabuild.blogspot.com/

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    We live about 200-miles from the epicenter and haven’t felt a thing in our house. We’ve got some neighbors who’s homes are slab on grade that have felt the larger quakes.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm sure glad to hear that no members suffered any damage from them.

Cobrajj, I worry about being under the roadster, and it slipping off the jack stands, every time I'm under it, so an added earthquake would not be reassuring..

So Ray, your house is built on a perimeter foundation? is that because you have a basement?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    Well, I'm sure glad to hear that no members suffered any damage from them.

Cobrajj, I worry about being under the roadster, and it slipping off the jack stands, every time I'm under it, so an added earthquake would not be reassuring..

So Ray, your house is built on a perimeter foundation? is that because you have a basement?
    Bill,

Perimeter foundation crawlspace. No basement. Our insurance co. keeps trying to sell us earthquake ins but we keep telling them, "The house was built in 1939 and I'm sure it's been through a number of earthquakes."

Ray

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Our insurance co. keeps trying to sell us earthquake ins but we keep telling them, "The house was built in 1939 and I'm sure it's been through a number of earthquakes." Ray
    i know earthquake coverage is expensive here..I can't imagine what it must cost in California..
    The insurance office is more likely to collapse, then your 1939 home..

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, we have this program here: https://www.earthquakeauthority.com/

The rates really aren’t that bad but the deductibles are scary high.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    House insurance is important to have, but what a racket. There is so many exclusions from this, or that, or, perils not covered, listed in the fine print.
    The latest thing my insurance company has done, is to remove the 100% replacement cost coverage, on roof and siding. Apparently it's because of high incidents of wind, and hail damage over the last few years in N. America. They basically pro-rate them now, depending on their age. They will only pay up to a max. of 50%, on a roof or siding, 20 years or older.
    Now I understand that some roofing materials at 20 years, are often getting close to needing replacement, so that is somewhat fair ...But the roof's underlying structure, framing, sheathing, etc. shouldn't be subject to being pro-rated. Also, certain types of roofing material, and some siding materials, will last for 50 years plus.

I needed clarification on some of the policy wording, because it is so open to interpretation. I asked my agent, "If the wind blows my roof off, I am now subject to this new pro-rating system?"... He said "Yes". I then asked, "Now if a tree falls on my roof, and damages it, am I subject to the pro-rating?". He said, "No, that is classified as damage from a falling object".. As I was breathing a sigh of relief, as I have around 70 very large trees on my property. he continues.."...unless the tree was blown over by the wind.."

You just can't win..lol
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    We live in Orange County, we really felt it, seemed like it just kept going.