Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A Couple of Strange Questions

Post Thanks / Like

A Couple of Strange Questions

Well one strange, and another not so much.
    Does anyone know what the opening that this cover fills in was for, or is for? For the life of me, I can't find anything that it would be used for. As a note, I'm not talking about the hole on the left. That's for the fuel filler tube, since this is an FIA.
    IMAG1289 by Rick Paul, on Flickr

The other question is, how much fluid does the stock Mustang power steering pump typically hold? Need to purchase from the local Honda dealer, and I don't want to get too much, or too little.

I'm finishing up some small items so that I can attempt a first start. My work schedule has cleared, so I have time to work on the car again. Now I need to purchase a battery.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    On my MKIV, thats where the top shock mount is.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    To answer the strange one....it's pronounced "Egregiuos…...egg-ree-jus".....We good ? and second a qt should give you a little left over...da Bat....still buzzing from last night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boyd, I was wondering if was related to a different configuration in the rear suspension. I've got the T-Bird IRS, so maybe it was something I didn't need, and they just provided a cover.
    Batman, it's going to take me awhile to absorb the first part of your reply, and thanks for the PS fluid answer.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ$ View Post
    Boyd, I was wondering if was related to a different configuration in the rear suspension. I've got the T-Bird IRS, so maybe it was something I didn't need, and they just provided a cover.
    Batman, it's going to take me awhile to absorb the first part of your reply, and thanks for the PS fluid answer.

Well brother....You asked a "strange " question....I gave you a "strange" answer. Don't overthink me. I'm a simple minded kinda guy. With a twist...da Bat