Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EFI In-Tank Fuel System option when ordering

Post Thanks / Like

EFI In-Tank Fuel System option when ordering

I had originally selected the EFI In-Tank Fuel System option on my order. After reading through lots and lots of build threads, it seems that everyone is going with a non FFR fuel delivery setup.

I am going with a 347 with the Holley Sniper EFI. Is the FFR setup not the best option?

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what FFR has these days.

I’m running the ProMRacing in tank setup. I would highly recommend it.

http://www.promracing.com/high-flow-...-mustangs.html

Stay away from the HiFlowFuel setup. They have horrible quality control problems.
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    As above, I don't know what the FFR in-tank setup consists of. However, I'm also running a 347 and a Sniper EFI. For my build I used the Mustang fuel tank and a Walbro 190 LPH or 255 LPH (can't remember which) in-tank pump. Works great.
    Mk 1.5, 347 with Sniper EFI, T-5, 3-Link with VPM Rear Sway Bar, Power Steering with Hydraboost Brakes, Under Car Exhaust, SAI Mod, Rear Fender Flares, Dropped Trunk Mod, ... (Sold September 2019)

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 - Walbro 255lph in a Mustang hanger (purchased from Gordon Levy as part of a complete in-tank kit). Works great on my 347 with Sniper EFI.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I also did not know they had an in-tank option. The pump I got from them for a Coyote was external and I decided to buy a 190lph in-tank pump from Mike Forte and the high flow return system from Breeze. One thing to keep in mind is the size of the lines you will need for different pumps. I don't know for sure on the Holy Sniper EFI, however, I assume if you use a 255lph pump you will need a 3/8" return fuel line. The supply for a 255lph pump is 3/8" and you generally want to be able to return the full volume you can supply. With a 347, you may be close to the edge of what a 190lph pump can handle though. I think I have read that in a Coyote, a 190lph is good for about 470 Crank HP with a 10% safety margin. Not sure on power of your 347 but something to consider.

The lines on the hanger that factory five supplied to me were too small in my opinion for a 255lph pump. My opinion is pretty much just formed from reading others on here though. Unless you are getting some great deal from FFR on the set up, I would suggest just ordering from a vendor on here. Levy, Breeze, Forte, and I assume more have this all figured out pretty well. If you tell any of them what your plans are for the engine, I am sure they could get you everything you need at a reasonable rate. I know I am by far from the only builder who ended up not using most of the FFR fuel system and wished I had just skipped it on the order form. Heck, if anyone wants a new 255lph external pump, FFR hanger, filter, and connectors then send me a PM and you can have a great deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five charges $549 for the EFI In-Tank option. It looks like I will be deleting this option and going with an aftermarket setup.

Thanks Everyone!

Terry