BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: braided brake line

Post Thanks / Like

braided brake line

Hey all, can someone throw me bone here on the brake bleeding procedure? Very frustrated and would appreciate the help. Brake bleeding...

I have a braided brake line where fluid climbs up the plastic hose around the banjo bolt hosel when the brake pedal is depressed. I can't seem to find online if this is something that can be tightened down or fixed or if it is just ANOTHER bad part from the FF kit.

There seems to be some sort of connector on the braided brake line that MIGHT be turnable (to tighten it) but I think I'm probably just wishing to not be held up AGAIN by bad parts.

Venting time:
    I have successfully pressurized and and (nearly) bled the brake system. The procedure has sucked - bad parts from the box from the start. If you read posts about replacing the hard brake lines FF sends you with NiCop or freakin garden hose - I recommend that you follow the advice. Two of my brake hard lines were bad - the factory flares were not orthogonal to the hose connector - no amount of tightening can fix that. Brake bleeding is not a tough procedure but really sucks when you are starting over (and over) every time a drip of paint stripping DOT4 drips down your chassis from what should be a good connection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent you a PM
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    There is another thread going on this exact subject on the other forum.
    Last edited by CraigS; 07-06-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

Thanks again for the PM and the re-direct to the other forum. I may not have found the exact thread on the other forum that was being referenced, but I can take another look.

Also - since I "vented" above I ought to also give praise where it is due. I talked to FF and without delay they offered to send another braided line. I know it isn't a big car part but it is great to have the be so responsive.

At worst I'll throw the new line on, re-bleed the rear brakes and move on to a leaky rear end.