BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heater mounting on firewall

Post Thanks / Like

Heater mounting on firewall

I installed the Vintage Air heating unit on my firewall. It has 6 screws that joins the two halves together on each side of the firewall. The screws thread into a pretty flimsy plastic piece and seem like they could pull out without too much effort. How has this held up over time for others?

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    I just removed mmine to install heater with A/C and it was still tight after 5 years and 9k miles.
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    March 25, 2015 on the road - 10,000 miles still tight with no problems.

FWIW look into an electronic water control valve with a bypass for summer driving.
    Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 08-27-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    At the risk of being yelled at for my OCD, here's what I did. I think this was my first mod on the build. https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...g-modification
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I just removed mmine to install heater with A/C and it was still tight after 5 years and 9k miles.
    Walt
    Walt, (also my son's name, by the way)

Where did you get your AC/Heater and how did you install it? I'm wanting to do the same on my build, but am having difficulty finding a proven "kit."

Thanks!!

RB
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    RB, i am using the a/c kit from north race cars in Missouri , aka Richard, is your car already built?
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.