Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Unfinished MK4 Complete Kit For Sale in Michigan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfinished MK4 Complete Kit For Sale in Michigan

It's with great sadness that I've decided to sell my unfinished MK4 Complete Kit. I purchased the kit in early 2017, but an unexpected move and an earlier than expected second child severely limited the amount of time I had to work on the car. With a third child in the works, we've decided it's better to put the dream on hold and start the project fresh when the family is a bit older.

Anyway, the car is in the relatively early stages so would be great for someone who wants the full build experience at a discount. Many of the boxes haven't been touched (except for the inventory check). I purchased the kit for just under $24k after discounts and additionally purchased FR500 wheels w/ Mickey Thompson tires for about $1,200 when we had to move the car to the new house. I'll post pictures in the next couple of days, but basic details:

- MK4 Roadster Complete Kit (invoice date: 2/16/17)
    - Moser 8.8 Rear End w/ 3-Link Deluxe Rear Suspension
    - Power Steering
    - Tall Leather Seat Upgrade
    - Powder Coating Chassis w/ Body Cut-Outs
    - 302/351 Engine/Trans Mounts
    - FFR GPS Gauge Set
    - Vinyl DAsh w/ Glovebox
    - Wind Wings
    - Driver Side Chrome Rollbar
    - Performance Wilwood Rear Brakes
    - Overriders

All reasonable offers will be considered, although we won't be giving the kit away. Just want the garage space back for the next decade before I start the build again

2. Thanks Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am interested in purchasing your kit. I live in N. California and do not know what company could be used to ship this type of item? Do you have any ideas on shipping?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NCAL DESIGN View Post
    I am interested in purchasing your kit. I live in N. California and do not know what company could be used to ship this type of item? Do you have any ideas on shipping?
    I'd recommend contacting Stewart Transportation. They are the experts when it comes to shipping FFR kits unassembled.

https://www.stewarttransport.com/
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the status of the build and where are you in Michigan? Can you post a few pics?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    What is the status of the build and where are you in Michigan? Can you post a few pics?
    This is also posted on the other forum. Location is Northville, MI (SE, Detroit suburbs). A couple more details over there: https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...assifieds.html
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

7. Thanks Justinallen23 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    I just posted the kit in the classifieds on the other forum with some pictures and the order sheet. Kit is located in Northville, MI. Check it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    PM sent.
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Was this car sold?

Post Thanks / Like
    As of Sept 1 it was still available...not sure after then. I considered this, good deal if you do it yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone - Sorry for the slow reply! The car is still available and I'm ready to drop the price to a firm $17k. If it doesn't sell at that over the next month or so I'm going to store it and get my garage back before the holidays and winter

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I pm’ed ya futuredream...

Quote Originally Posted by FutureDream View Post
    Hey everyone - Sorry for the slow reply! The car is still available and I'm ready to drop the price to a firm $17k. If it doesn't sell at that over the next month or so I'm going to store it and get my garage back before the holidays and winter

Thanks!

14. Thanks butch thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    can u contact me at 7138239481
    have a couple ?

Post Thanks / Like
    He lives not to for from me, and I went out and looked at this kit when it first went for sale. It is in roller and not to far along that you can't make it your own. I thought it was in real nice shape and a great price for the kit. I kind of wished I had bought it at the time. I ended up getting a 25th kit instead. I would have saved a bunch of $$$$$$$. But like I said real nice for someone.

17. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PM Sent,

Butch
    Hutch MN

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What’s the status?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureDream View Post
    It's with great sadness that I've decided to sell my unfinished MK4 Complete Kit. I purchased the kit in early 2017, but an unexpected move and an earlier than expected second child severely limited the amount of time I had to work on the car. With a third child in the works, we've decided it's better to put the dream on hold and start the project fresh when the family is a bit older.

Anyway, the car is in the relatively early stages so would be great for someone who wants the full build experience at a discount. Many of the boxes haven't been touched (except for the inventory check). I purchased the kit for just under $24k after discounts and additionally purchased FR500 wheels w/ Mickey Thompson tires for about $1,200 when we had to move the car to the new house. I'll post pictures in the next couple of days, but basic details:

- MK4 Roadster Complete Kit (invoice date: 2/16/17)
    - Moser 8.8 Rear End w/ 3-Link Deluxe Rear Suspension
    - Power Steering
    - Tall Leather Seat Upgrade
    - Powder Coating Chassis w/ Body Cut-Outs
    - 302/351 Engine/Trans Mounts
    - FFR GPS Gauge Set
    - Vinyl DAsh w/ Glovebox
    - Wind Wings
    - Driver Side Chrome Rollbar
    - Performance Wilwood Rear Brakes
    - Overriders

All reasonable offers will be considered, although we won't be giving the kit away. Just want the garage space back for the next decade before I start the build again

Post Thanks / Like

call me

Quote Originally Posted by Aircontroller View Post
    What’s the status?
    Send me contact or call me at six12 718 sixsix37.

Butch
    Hutch MN

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the status of your MK4 kit? also do you have pictures of the current status of the build?

Post Thanks / Like
    MK4 Kit is sold.

23. Likes Aircontroller liked this post