I feel a bit dumb asking this, but what is the best way to brush the aluminum panels? I am not going to powder coat and like the look of the brushed panels, however, I don't really know the proper way to do it before treating with the Sharkhyde stuff I have seen recommended. I am not trying to get them polished, just a dull even aluminum sheen with all the printing off. I went to my hardware store and asked and they told me to just wipe it down with acetone but they did not seem to understand the question.

I was planning on adding heat and sound insulation once I have done more looking into what product I want to use there. Sure are a lot of options and at varying prices. I don't really need to treat the panels that I am going to cover up with insulation and carpeting right? Any recommendations, sounds like this can be a bit of a process? I figured some of this may be easier before the panels are attached to the car but maybe I jumped the gun by drilling everything already and maybe it is just easier to do it with everything mounted. Right now I have the panels clecoed on and drilled but no panels riveted in place yet.

Thanks for helping the slow kid of the group.