Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any chance of a sale on Gen II Coyotes

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance of a sale on Gen II Coyotes

Do you guys think there is any chance the gen 2 coyote motors go on sale for a discount at any point. I don't know if engines go on sale but it seems you can get both a gen 2 and a gen 3 coyote right now. The gen 3 motor is more expensive, just have not seen the gen 2 drop in price at all. Maybe they can just sell out the stock of them at a regular price. I have never seen a motor go on sale before but it seems like if it was to happen, it would happen soon. Maybe just wishful thinking.

Post Thanks / Like
    The M-6007-M50A Gen 2 Coyote crate is already widely available for $1,000 or so off the list price of $7,975. Typically with free shipping as well. You're looking for more? Haven't seen it since I've been kicking around these things for the past few years. I assume you know the Gen 2 Coyote isn't in production any more. Once the Ford Performance supply dries up, that's it. Have no idea how long that will be though. The Gen 3 is available for a similar discount percentage. But its list price is higher. Haven't seen any sales on those either since they were released last summer.

Both engines are available through salvage and it's possible to get some additional savings. But low mileage ones still command a decent price. Personally, I prefer to spend the extra to have new and a mfg's warranty. I did my first build with a used motor, and won't do that again. There are plenty of legitimate sellers out there. But there are many that are not, and I managed to find one.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I know they are not making the Gen 2 anymore, just wishful thinking that they may discount it to sale the remaining units. It seems to me that it has been at the $7K with free shipping for over a year, so not really a sale. Like you said the Gen 3 also sales for about the same amount under MSRP. I was hoping that when the gen III came out, Ford would discount the remaining Gen 2s get them cleared out but that does not seem to be happening. I am going with a new engine for sure, just looking for a bit better deal if it was possible.