BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Maximum Motorsports Rear Panhard Bar

Post Thanks / Like

Maximum Motorsports Rear Panhard Bar

Has anyone tried one of these? I was at a hill climb today and there was a fast Mustang there and I was checking out his suspension and saw this and thought is a great piece.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one on my 2002 GT and do a lot of open track with it. Plants the car well, but I also have Koni coil-overs on all 4 corners and tubular offset LCA's and K member. Spring choice is another item to consider.
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    What type rear suspension do you have in your FFR now?
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a solid axle coil over 4 link 8.8. What I didn't realize yesterday was that the upper mounts on that bar attach to the rear subframe on the Mustang. I couldn't tell without crawling under the guys car. So I don't think this bar will work on a FFR. However I am surprised that a setup like this isn't available for a FFR , instead of going with the 3 link . The nice thing about this bar is that it doesn't change anything, it just plants the rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywy View Post
    I have a solid axle coil over 4 link 8.8. What I didn't realize yesterday was that the upper mounts on that bar attach to the rear subframe on the Mustang. I couldn't tell without crawling under the guys car. So I don't think this bar will work on a FFR. However I am surprised that a setup like this isn't available for a FFR , instead of going with the 3 link . The nice thing about this bar is that it doesn't change anything, it just plants the rear.
    This is true. Totally different than F5 setup. It will keep the axle planted a lot better under side load. You will still use the "stock" upper arms, or spherical bushing, if you use a poly bushing on your LCA. The problem I see is fitting this to a F5 chassis. I think you'll find it too wide, but you could design or modify one to fit. I can send you some pics of it mounted on my GT, not on my website yet.
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywy View Post
    Tony,

Are you talking about their "Torque Arm Suspension" for that series of Mustangs?
    A friend of mine installed it on his 1995 GT and it made a huge difference in handling and tire plant.
    Also, the 3-Link plants the tires nicely with No Tire Hop compared to the 4 link Mustang set up.
    You'll see the stability of the 3-Link around 2:00 minutes into the attached video:
    https://youtu.be/PCngiKoopkA

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 07-08-2019 at 08:55 AM.

7. Likes Boydster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused... F5 makes a nice panhard bar setup for the Roadster. http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/1318...ofit-assembly/. Every 3 link F5 roadster has one.
    I'm guessing your talking about a Torque-Arm instead of a Panhard. One goes side-to-side, the other goes fore-and-aft. Panhard controls side-to-side axle movement, Torque Arm controls axle rotation due to torque. A Torque Arm still requires a Panhard bar, not not vice-versa.

I dont think there's enough room for a Torque Arm under a Roadster. And really, the single upper link does the same thing, just a bit differently.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

9. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post