Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Signature Required

Post Thanks / Like

Signature Required

Hi All,

I’m only putting this out there as a “word to the wise” so to speak. I have never had issues with packages being delivered to my house, nor have I ever been a victim of a “porch pirate.” I got a text update from FedEx on February 14th that my package was delivered. I found it odd that they claim the package was delivered on February 7th yet I didn’t receive a text update until the 14th. The package was from Wilwood and it contained the front brake kit; all $1350.00 worth plus $65.00 for shipping. Some shippers, depending upon the value of the item, will have a requirement for a signature when said package arrives. Wilwood did not send the front brake kit with a signature requirement so I’ll bet you can see where this is going. You guessed it. The package from Wilwood was never delivered. Not on the 7th or any other day. I am certain of this because I was at home that day home schooling my kids and because I have security cameras that would have shown the FedEx guy at my door which never happened on that day or any other day close to the 7th. Nuff said.

My recommendation to anyone, especially all of you who are waiting for various shipments from FF and from vendors that FF uses is to create an account with FedEx & UPS with a requirement that someone must sign for any deliveries. Unfortunately for me, I did not set up deliveries with the requirement of a signature and I am now faced with trying to deal with the FedEx “lost package claim” goat rope. My bad….could’ve saved myself a lot of wasted time trying get this ironed out with the results yet to be determined. Not to mention having to wait for who knows how long to get the front brake kit.

This is in no way an indictment on Wilwood or Factory Five. Neither entity is responsible for the incompetence of any shipping/delivery company, in this case, FedEx. I have noticed that FedEx has been having difficulty getting packages to my door when they claim it will arrive on a certain day and that their notification system has not been particularly reliable of late. That in itself should have been a wake up call. Sometimes it’s weather related and sometimes there are unforseen issues that cause delays….I get it.

Just a heads up to everyone out there to CYA or you might end up in the boat with me. Unfortunately, I brought no oars.

Greg
    MK IV Complete Kit. Delivered:09/25/2020. Dart Block 427 w/ EFI.
    TKX 5 Speed. IRS. P/S. Wilwoods. RT and Breeze Mods.

2. Thanks mburger thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That really sucks. Thanks for sharing. Hope you get it resolvers without too much grief.
    Matt

FFR Complete Kit, Coyote, Tremec TKX, 3.73 IRS, power steering, 18" Halibrands, Wilwood brakes, Gas-N pipes + header, Viking blue color
    Roadster Build Time Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve had major trouble with Fedex and really would prefer that suppliers not ship using them. Twice recently Fedex has outright lied about deliveries and I even had to start an investigation to resolve an issue. They blame the receivers even knowing that video evidence is common these days. I do not trust them. Let’s hope you get this resolved soon.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a very rural area. Fed Ex has messed up deliveries many times. It's about a 50/50 shot if something gets here or not. UPS has never messed it up. Quite often they deliver to the wrong address and just drop it out by the road. Probably not a week goes by that we aren't knocking on neighbors doors looking for or taking them a package. A lot of times it will show delivered, but not have been. Then one day it will show up or a neighbor brings it. I've had a couple of big ticket items get lost and vendors replaced. Good luck. Hope it shows up.
    Mk IV Roadster, 347/516 HP, 8 stack injection, Holley HP ECU, Astro Performance T5, 3-Link 4.10 gears, A/C, PS, PB Purchased 08/2015, Graduated 02/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I also live in a rural area and I have had packages dropped off at my barn which is 450 away form my house. My rear from Moser was dropped off the next street over, in a wooded area about 800 feet from my house with a signature, not mine. If a neighbor hadn't called me I never would have known it was there. I have friends who work for FedEx and they tell me their hiring standards have gone way down because of the driver shortage. And it is really frowned upon to bring freight back to the terminal. So this is why there is an issue with delivery services. Amazon does the same thing, but when you look for a delivery verification they leave a note on their website where they dropped it. That is how I found packages at my barn. It's the time we live in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBradley View Post
    I’ve had major trouble with Fedex and really would prefer that suppliers not ship using them. Twice recently Fedex has outright lied about deliveries and I even had to start an investigation to resolve an issue. They blame the receivers even knowing that video evidence is common these days. I do not trust them. Let’s hope you get this resolved soon.
    FedEx is in a lot of trouble right now. Their business model relied on contractor based route ownership. Now that salary's are rising so quickly they can't compete. I just read in a business journal their on time delivery has dropped into the low 80th percentile. For a logistics company that's a death blow. UPS has a different model. They pay much higher, are unionized and are thriving at the moment.

Who knows what happened to the brakes but they are valuable and clearly someone walked off with them. Good news is it's insured through the shipper and you will get another set. When is a another story.
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are right about Wilwwod having shipping insurance. I was told by both Wilwood and Factory Five that I need to file a claim with FedEx. I’ve been trying to file said claim on their website but the claim form is FUBAR. Every time I enter the tracking number to start the process it sends me back to the same page and asks for the tracking number again. Round and round we go. I’ve tried every browser and every device in this house but I get the same result. I called FedEx on Friday and finally got to a human being who told me the problem was on my end. By now the veins in my neck were protruding to the point of stroking out so I hung up and called back a few hours later. Same goat rope as before. The FedEx person transferred me to “Tech Support” who, after about 15 minutes of me trying to explain to them that their website was unusable, informed me that they were “having I. T. Issues and that they would have the website up and running at 4:00 PM. Yeah, right. Here it is, Tuesday the 22nd, 4 days later and I still can’t file the damn claim.

Their operation is seriously screwed up and I, like many others will NOT use them to ship anything, and I would hope that the vendors that FF uses will pick up on this and start using UPS.

Thanks all……….Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    That explains a lot. My last shipment was tires just a week ago. I got them, but it was still strange when the system said they would be here on Monday between 8am and 5pm and I needed to sign for them. The tracking details changed late in the afternoon to say the shipment would show up on Tuesday between 8am and 5pm and again I was expected to be there all day to sign. I guess they figured I had no place else to be especially considering they had my tires anyway. To boot, the tracking details always claimed the shipment was on-time.

Wilwood can start the investigation that precedes a claim on their end too. I bought a bumper for a Christmas gift and after three weeks of waiting on it I contacted the supplier and they started their own investigation with Fedex. I started the investigation on my end first by calling Fedex customer service.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you not choose who your courier is?
    I mean if your paying the shipping for an item, you should have a choice of how it comes. Sure, it may mean the shipper has to make a phone call to arrange the pick up, rather than the daily scheduled courier they may use, but that's a pretty minor inconvenience compared to a customer who doesn't receive his order.

I found good old USPS was the most reliable for having stuff shipped to me from the US. Amazing the size of items that can be mailed too. I had a new dashboard for my old Chevy Malibu mailed to me. It wasn't terribly heavy, but it was a huge package.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AC Bill;484454]Can you not choose who your courier is?/QUOTE]

I would be surprised if you can choose how a vendor ships an order but who knows. I can tell you that the guy I talked to at Wilwood did not want bothered with my problem and he was borderline downright rude. He said: “You need to contact Factory Five because it’s not our problem.” I told him that the brakes were shipped from your facility and he again responded with; “Contact Factory Five.” Now that’s what I call outstanding customer service……. Or not!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBradley View Post
    That explains a lot. My last shipment was tires just a week ago. I got them, but it was still strange when the system said they would be here on Monday between 8am and 5pm and I needed to sign for them. The tracking details changed late in the afternoon to say the shipment would show up on Tuesday between 8am and 5pm and again I was expected to be there all day to sign. I guess they figured I had no place else to be especially considering they had my tires anyway. To boot, the tracking details always claimed the shipment was on-time.

Wilwood can start the investigation that precedes a claim on their end too. I bought a bumper for a Christmas gift and after three weeks of waiting on it I contacted the supplier and they started their own investigation with Fedex. I started the investigation on my end first by calling Fedex customer service.
    Same deal with me. From the time I received the first text message stating that the package has shipped until I got the text that it had been delivered there was a multitude of updates. The last one I got prior to being told that the package had been delivered stated that the delivery was “Pending.”