FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Must-dos before sending for paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Must-dos before sending for paint?

In a few days over 1 week, my wife and I will hit the road for California with the roadster in tow. Currently, I am finishing up the footbox blowers and will be insulating/carpeting the interior this week along with upholstering the center console to match the dash. My list on top of that includes drilling the rollbars/mounts, riveting the driver's footbox outside and top, and a few other odds and ends.

My question is what are the additional things I must get done before the body goes on for (hopefully) the last time for a while? Jeff will be doing the windshield and louvers along with all bodywork, paint, and hardware.

Any thoughts are very welcome!

--Nathan
    MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a Sharpie and write on the hood:

XOXOXO
    Captain O

Jeff

3. Likes SSNK4US liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think your best bet is to call Jeff. No sense in doing something he just needs to undo.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

old timer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sit in it with the seat belts on. then see if you can reach the outside mirror for adjusting. (if you mounted the mirror on the body)