FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: MKIV Roadster For Sale - Sale On Hold

Post Thanks / Like

MKIV Roadster For Sale - Sale On Hold

I thought I’d be able to complete 9087RD, but time and a pair of bad knees have caught up with me. Knee replacement surgery is right around the corner, which does not give me enough time to finish the build and get it inspected and roadworthy. I’ve decided to sell rather than have the car sit untouched until next year, so someone is going to get a great deal on a 95% finished roadster.

She’s powered by a 1999 4.6 SOHC modular engine, backed up by a T45 five speed, all flowing through to the 8.8 rear with 3:27 gears. The car was built for use in Massachusetts, so all emissions equipment is present and working. I have all the paperwork and receipts needed to pass Massachusetts inspection.

The color is Ford’s Ruby Red Metallic (no stripes), set off by black powder coated roll bars, black ceramic coated sidepipes and black spoked 17x9 Bullit rims.

It’s easier to list what’s not done so far:
    Install hood - Install wind wings and visors - Install rear view mirror - Install ********** chrome convex side mirrors - Install ********** louvers – Install wheel well aluminum – Install Replicar nose aluminum - align front end.

This was FFR’s Complete Kit. All the gauges (standard FFR) work, all lights are installed, including a HID conversion for the headlights. I used Russ Thomson’s hub and VW turn signal system. Carpeting is done in the cockpit and in the trunk area. The rack is FFR’s power unit, hooked up to the standard 4.6 power steering pump. Because this car needed full emissions, FFR CATS are installed, with j-pipes as a backup if CATS are not needed.

I’ve go karted enough to know that this will be a great cruiser with more than enough power to light up the Nitto NT555 G2’s when you want.

The price is $30,000.

PM me or call 617-823-8015.

IMG_20190320_1058555.jpgIMG_20190320_1059047.jpgIMG_20190329_1139212.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shep; 07-10-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    Shep

9087RD picked up 4/22/17 - finished 5/1/20.
    6362RD picked up 10/27/07 - Sold to John Lipka on 3/31/11
    4469 picked up 6/28/03 - finished 4/4/05. Supercharged 5.0 Claret Red Metallic. Sold to Cobra Cory in 2/07.

Post Thanks / Like
    She's a beauty!

Good luck with the knee surgery. They work wonders these days. My sister had both knees replaced and she was walking by the evening. She's been pain-free since and often wished she had the operation sooner. Make sure you do your rehab exercises though; she cites that as the reason for the good results.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife had both knees replaced a couple of years ago. As noted above don't short cut the rehab it is key to a successful outcome. If you can afford to store the car for 6 to 9 months during recovery you will find it even easier to enter, exit and drive after knee replacement. The only limitation my wife has now is that it is painful to kneel down otherwise she is more mobile that she has been in ten years.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've seen Shep's work first hand and it is top notch. Someone is going to get a beauty.

GLWS,

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Henry - quite a compliment and much appreciated.

As far as the knee surgery, I'm more than ready for it. I'm done with the pain, discomfort and inability to do the things I want to do. There are more cars to play with and an overabundance of striped bass in the Cape Cod Canal that need to be caught!
    Shep

4469 picked up 6/28/03 - finished 4/4/05. Supercharged 5.0 Claret Red Metallic. Sold to Cobra Cory in 2/07.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shep. Drag it over here and let me finish it for you. You will likely get a lot more for it done than mostly done.
    Mike

7. Likes WIS89, GoDadGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent this link to someone who might be interested in the car. You need to post a phone number for the people who are not members of the board.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tim. More pics and my number added.
    Shep