In light of another thread here suggesting to overhaul the sub-category, I am a new member here looking to get a sense of how an FFR handles on track. I am a young professional, and don't have the means to support a wheel to wheel addiction but have been attending track days over the last several years with a miata, which I have then turbo-charged. An FFR roadster doubles the power of my miata, with a 10% reduction in weight, and that seems to be a combination that I can use to rotate myself to my oblivion.

I understand that there's a lot of nuance to this question, and lots of "it depends", but how does an FFR handle, and how does one manage these handling characteristics? I plan to buy in to a local mk4 project here, which will be utilizing a coyote motor, 3 link suspension, and the koni reds.

For track days, I intend to switch to larger wheels, (17s), and run either NT01s or Hoosiers. Lastly, I may consider light aero work in the way of a splitter, a flat bottom, and diffuser or a gurney flap, and possibly windshield removal.

Lastly, I often "virtually" drive miatas within either Iracing, Project Cars 2, or Assetto Corsa to stay warm. The miata is a very neutral momentum car that I can rev out and fairly predictable. Assetto Corsa has a 427 cobra which I find much more difficult to drive, slower turn-in, and far more demanding in terms throttle balance for rotation management. What does an FFR actually feel like on track?