FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: MK4 front Koni ride height? and many random newbie owner observations and a pic

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

MK4 front Koni ride height? and many random newbie owner observations and a pic

hi all, complete newbie here, so please don't laugh if this is a stupid question.

i bought a beautiful recent turnkey MK4 build, all FFR new parts, Coyote, Tremec (see vehicles for sale section on forum if you're interested).

I noticed the ride height was about 3/4" high on the passenger side front vs. the driver side front. I took the wheels off last night and used a spanner wrench and by holding the plastic collar with my hand and using the wrench I finally got them perfectly even....both about 3/4" of space between the top of the tire (17" wheels) and bottom of the wheel well. I lowered the passenger side and raised the drivers side. After a quick drive today I got home and it's significantly off again. The driver's side dropped about 1/2". Am I losing my mind here?

And a few random new owner observations:

1) I went to put on my new llicense plate and encountered the rear license plate fitment issue which I was completely ignorant of. Doh! I got disgusted after researching options online and I cut a 4" by 1" section of the plate with tin snips and folded it back perfectly even . It actually looks pretty good!

2) I left the key in the ignition accessory position and was surprised at how fast this drained the battery completely dead. Lesson learned. And I was so relieved to see that the battery can be dropped from the bottom!

3) Very surprised at how light the FFR power steering rack feels.... Reasonably precise, but super light. I would actually like it if it was a little heavier I think.

4) After 4-5 drives i'm finally getting used to the heavy cable clutch (Tremec TKO 600). I hated it at first but now I actually like it.

5) I'm driving with a temp inspection sticker (NYS). I need to bring it in for inspection and assume they just plug the computer into the OBD port and I should be good.... fingers crossed.

6) Car has front and rear bumpers which I intend to replace (just don't like them). I bought the quick jacks from FFR and will take them to my local body shop to be chromed or painted in matching black. Still trying to figure out how to get at the rear bolts.

7) I was very intimidated by the car initially.... I still am.... but I have gotten much more comfortable with it over the last 5 days. Thank God, I really thought I was in over my head with it. Learning curve for sure.

8) Peoples reactions to this car are so unique relative to other exotics. It really is just a car that makes people happy to see it. That is the best way I can describe it. The smiles it seems to produce are awesome. Huge, genuinely happy smiles.

9) Took the wife in it down to the local farmstand for dinner where they have a Wednesday night little car show..... .the staff absolutely insisted that I park it right at the entrance. Some nice cars there but clearly it was the star and hands down fan-favorite. I opened the hood so I wouldn't have to answer the "what's in it?" question 100x.

Lots to learn! I hope Summer doesn't end too soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images