Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Time to graduate what a ride

Post Thanks / Like

Time to graduate what a ride

Special thanks goes to my wife and family for all the support and encouragement they gave me along the way.

MK4 7996
    I took delivery of my MK4 in February of 2013
    I couldn't have done it without all the information found on the forum.
    Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post ideas and their build threads to this forum. A big thanks to all the form vendors too.
    As everyone knows, there's a lot more that goes in to the build, listed below are a few details of my build. There's still a few things to be done, but they are never really done.
    Details of my build:
    1991 5.0 with GT40 Heads
    Ford factory EFI
    T5 Trans
    8.8 3-Link with 3.55
    SB-100
    Paint Jeff Miller
    Barcelona Red
    Magnetic Gray Metallic
    Custom dash with real snake skin
    Custom rear cubby with sliding door
    So many more things I could list but I won’t…
    One last of the thanks goes to Dave Smith and the FFR team. What a great experience and the knowledge I have learned along the way.

Welcome any questions or comments.
    Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes 7tvette, Walt, ydousurf, Fman, MVRight liked this post
    PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice! Congrats!
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

5. Thanks KDubU thanked for this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations From The Dell, Slidell Louisiana That Is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Robert! It's got to be a great feeling and ultimate milestone for one to reach. I dig the color scheme and unique touches added to the interior as well. Specifically, those headrests are sweet! Nice work!

Dj

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Nice build and enjoy!
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. Nice build.
    build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-USRRC-vspeeds

Build School: July 14-16, 2017
    Kit purchased: July 25, 2017
    Kit delivered: September 13, 2017
    First Start: December 22, 2018
    Body painted and kit completed and drivable: July 2019 (but still not done)
    CA SB100 Registration: January 2020

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications

Post Thanks / Like
    Great color scheme, awesome looking ride! Congratulations, gives me some motivation I am early into my build.

Would you care to discuss those head rests? Did you fabricate on your own or purchase from vendor? They look great.
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done, congratulations. Lots of nice custom details there.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Robert,

My MK IV is number 8008, you are giving me the push to get my done since I was delivered a month after yours, I know I’m not alone. Great color combo!
    Mark IV #8008, 2013 Coyote 5.0, TKO600, 8.8 Moser 3 link

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Build.

Great Job !!
    Mk4 #9165, Base Kit with lots of options, Delivery on 08/17/2017, Coyote, TKO600, 2015 IRS, 18" Halibrands, 12.99" Wilwoods

Post Thanks / Like
    Your attention to detail is fantastic.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the kind words, it was fun to build but more fun to drive.

Fman, For the most part the headrest are from the link below.
    https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...ml#post6070826

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work. My advice for you:

For all I know your're an expert driver, but if not, take the car to an empty parking lot, go like 20mph, turn the steering wheel 450º, mash the gas, and learn how the car can snap out. Never hot-dog it on the street!

Get a clear bra on the front nose as soon as the paint is cured. They chip up faster than you'd ever imagine, even in SoCal where there's not a lot of sand and gravel leftover from the snowy months. Do at least the bottom part of the nose.

ALWAYS thumb's up back when they thumb's up you!

17. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love it!

Nice clean build!

Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    She's a beauty. Congratulations.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats from 7995.
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on a great looking build. I like the custom touches that make the car uniquely yours!

Let us know how you like driving her.

Congrats again on finishing up!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. Looks good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats...very nice build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Looks good. Drive safe, have fun.

Only took 10 forum posts to finish it? The build manual must be improving..

Post Thanks / Like
    Soooooo I have this to say. "Back in the day" (2000) when I started down the cobra replica painting path it was 5.0 all the way. I don't think I saw an all non-doner build until 06 or 07 (Jay Southerland) (wonderful man). These days , for reasons we are all aware of I see a doner build once in a blue moon. My own car from 2002 was an all doner build (actually all left over parts from Daves Perfomance ) after he had built 14 cars. But I digress. What I really wanted to say was that when I get an "Old School" build (the way it all began) it stirs my soul. Choosing the FFR path to anchor my business has given me much joy. It is the customers that bring me that joy. A car that is well done the "Old School" way gives me an nostalgic warm feeling. And now we are back to "Soooooo" You have built a VERY nice car my friend. I enjoyed your company and executing my craft for you. Be proud of your achievement and I shall see you at Huntington Beach....someday....da Bat
    Last edited by j.miller; 05-09-2020 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Becuase I wsa drunk....AGIAN !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Soooo, people will read my post and think I went all mushy man crush.....I'M DRINKIN, IT'S SATURDAY, IT HAPPENS,,,,,GET OVER IT !!!...Ba Tad

27. Likes GTBradley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    Soooooo I have this to say. "Back in the day" (2000) when I started down the cobra replica painting path it was 5.0 all the way. I don't think I saw an all non-doner build until 06 or 07 (Jay Southerland) (wonderful man). These days , for reasons we are all aware of I see a doner build once in a blue moon. My own car from 2002 was an all doner build (actually all left over parts from Daves Perfomance ) after he had built 14 cars. But I digress. What I really wanted to say was that when I get an "Old School" build (the way it all began) it stirs my soul. Choosing the FFR path to anchor my business has given me much joy. It is the customers that bring me that joy. A car that is well done the "Old School" way gives me an nostalgic warm feeling. And now we are back to "Soooooo" You have built a VERY nice car my friend. I enjoyed your company and executing my craft for you. Be proud of your achievement and I shall see you at Huntington Beach....someday....da Bat
    Hey da Bat, I remember those days. You, Dave, 2002 and an almost all donor car, certainly the drive train. Still love the car. Thanks.
    Phil
    Phil: FFR 3121, Frame #2050, Mk 1.5, built 2002, 1991 donor with Blueprint 302 long block and 1993 Cobra intake, BBK 70mm T/B, no smog, power steering, T-5 and 3.55 rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome congratulations
    Mk3 roadster picked up 4/07 titled 11/07 347 stroker t5z pin drive width independent rear.
    Gen3 coupe picked up 7/19 347 stroker 3 link rear pin drive width knockoff wheels a/c heat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Job, Congrats