Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Future FFR MKIV owner

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Future FFR MKIV owner

Thank you for accepting me into the forum. In the next few months I plan to order my MKIV complete kit. Are modifications sexed to install the BB427?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey now... this is a family site... no sexting allowed here... LOL.... Welcome to the madness.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

3. Likes SSNK4US, Kmcallahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!!! Is a BB427 the product of sexting between a 302 and a 460?

Welcome! Your in the right place.
    Come to think about it you don’t see many, any? recent actual BB build threads.
    Would love to see a big block build thread.

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

5. Likes Kmcallahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You want to build an FE powered roadster? Take the easy route and push the instant gratification button:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Roadster-in-NC

You won't find a better one and you couldn't build it for less.

Jeff

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    You want to build an FE powered roadster? Take the easy route and push the instant gratification button:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Roadster-in-NC

You won't find a better one and you couldn't build it for less.

Jeff
    If I get a vote then I vote for the "Easy Instant Gratification Button" because life can easily get in the way.

Good Luck From The Dark Dart Side!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 07-12-2019 at 07:41 AM.

8. Likes Kmcallahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I vote for you to do what ever you please.Roger

10. Likes Kmcallahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have mind made up on the kit and add ons, now just need to settle on a power plant. Researching the Voodoo engine.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmcallahan View Post
    I have mind made up on the kit and add ons, now just need to settle on a power plant. Researching the Voodoo engine.
    The Voodoo & Coyote Power Plants Are State Of The Art; However, Nothing Sounds Like A Healthy Well Cammed American V8!

This is only 383 cubic inches so imagine what 44 more could sound like! ..... (383 + 44 = 427)

https://youtu.be/PCngiKoopkA

https://youtu.be/wOID7yvBRPU

Just Saying!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 07-23-2019 at 09:03 PM.

13. Likes Kmcallahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Assume you know the Voodoo engine (1) Is not (and according to Ford will never be) offered as a crate motor. Options are through salvage or build one up with a Coyote and adding the different parts. Which is an extensive list. Either way is expensive. Then you'll be on your own with the electronics. (2) Has significant vibration issues that would make it challenging in one of these builds. This is not my opinion, it's what I was told by a Ford Performance engineer. The GT350 Mustang with the Voodoo has a long list of parts unique to it only to address the issue. It's telling that the 2020 GT500 is back to the cross-plane crank. He told me in our builds, due to the stiff chassis, we should expect broken motor mounts, headers, accessory mounts, and that's just for starters. The Voodoo has a great sound and amazing RPM's. But you can do just as well with power adders on other Coyote based engines. Not that a Roadster needs more than the 435 HP Gen 2 Coyote or the 460 HP Gen 3 Coyote.
    Last edited by edwardb; 08-02-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

15. Likes Kmcallahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After research and feedback, I believe I will not go with With the Voodoo. Still searching, I have built my own before but forsake of time and reliablity I may go with a old school crate motor. Edwardb thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree
    Last edited by Kmcallahan; 08-03-2019 at 08:44 AM. Reason: This was ment to respond to edwardb's coments about the Voodoo engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks but I want to build my own. Plan to keep and either be buried with it or pass on to my son or daughter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a hint -- suggest that you select the "Reply With Quote" option (to the right of "Reply" at the bottom of a post) when responding to a particular post. Your last three posts appear to be in response to someone else's post. But hard to say which.

Another more advanced option is the "Multi-Quote This Message" button all the way to the right. You can click this on several posts, then click the "Reply to Thread" at the bottom, and you'll have an edit window with multiple quotes to respond to.

Either way just makes it easier to follow along.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Just a hint -- suggest that you select the "Reply With Quote" option (to the right of "Reply" at the bottom of a post) when responding to a particular post. Your last three posts appear to be in response to someone else's post. But hard to say which.

Another more advanced option is the "Multi-Quote This Message" button all the way to the right. You can click this on several posts, then click the "Reply to Thread" at the bottom, and you'll have an edit window with multiple quotes to respond to.

Either way just makes it easier to follow along.
    Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the guidance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks but I want to build my own. Plan to keep and either be buried with it or pass on to my son or daughter.
    This was in response to Jeff's offer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys after reading and listening to the YouTube of some of the builds. I had to refocus on why I am taking on this project. That is for a project car and a vehicle that I can have the daily drivability along with reasonable comfortable road trips in a old school car. I may take on a road coarse track or even drag strip. I wish I could pull the trigger now, but I have no where to store or build my kit. I am in the process of build a new home and in 2 months we should move in. It will have a 3 car garage for my projects. I would like to go to build school first before starting build. I will go with the complete kit with a few options and strongly leaning to a Coyote Gen 3 with TKO 600.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're smart to get settled on your goals for the car before you pull the trigger. Daily driveability, no gas smell in the garage, decent emissions, power for days, reliability... All these goals led to my Gen-2 Coyote selection (Gen-3 wasn't available yet). If you start one direction and then change, it gets expensive quickly!

Build school is an excellent idea.
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=initiator;377195]You're smart to get settled on your goals for the car before you pull the trigger. Daily driveability, no gas smell in the garage, decent emissions, power for days, reliability... All these goals led to my Gen-2 Coyote selection (Gen-3 wasn't available yet). If you start one direction and then change, it gets expensive quickly!

Build school is an excellent idea.[/QUOTE

I do plan to go to the build school with my son.
    Last edited by Kmcallahan; 08-08-2019 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Spelling