BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: "Refined" 818 Coupe / Roadster - finished as a daily driver - SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

"Refined" 818 Coupe / Roadster - finished as a daily driver - SOLD

I've done as much as I can do to my 818. I need another FFR build project! My wife says I should get back into the garage. My goal was to build my 818 with the details and features of a production car. It's as close as possible to a daily driver.

Includes build receipts totaling $47,200 ,roadster body panels, Cobb Accessport & phone support.
    Arizona title: 2013 SPECO (emissions exempt) currently licensed & insured
    Factory Five Racing#: F5R1000025ES

Engine: 2006 Subaru WRX 2.5 Liter Turbo, DOHC 16 valves, Perrin equal length header ($1,125), Cobb short ram intake ($175), TGV and air pump delete, Cobb Accessport V3 ($700) with custom Dyno-Comp map. Complete professional top end rebuild 800 miles ago ($2,382). Custom intercooler air plenum with fans.

The Pioneer unit in the console is compatible with Apple and Android phones. I use an iPhone with Pandora, Spotify, Waze and more - all with verbal commands. It also displays the color back-up camera. Notice the Cruise Control lever at the upper left.

If you would like to see a bunch of the upgrades and modifications I have made, look at my build thread written to help other builders:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...nished-I-think
    Last edited by AZPete; 07-15-2019 at 01:18 PM. Reason: added link
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

2. Likes jeanf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by AZPete; 07-12-2019 at 03:26 AM.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like

Many more photos and info as requested. Just PM me.
    Last edited by AZPete; 07-12-2019 at 03:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car Pete, thought long and hard about this when you told me prior but decided to go for a 68 Ghia.

Good luck on sell.

6. Thanks AZPete thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best looking 818 ever built!
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

8. Thanks AZPete thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sgt. Gator and Jvwvu, thanks for the flattering comments!

Yes, I love Technology
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep us up to date on your next build so we can follow it. Your attention to details is fantastic. Always eager to see the next post. - Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Art, coming from you, that means a lot. I've been in awe of your creative and innovative work as well as your amazing skills. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Art, next build? Hopefully a GTF! Maybe, maybe FFR will intro it at FEMA. I'm only hoping and have no inside info, just hope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody is going to get a great car, here. I've personally seen and ridden in this thing, and it is put TOGETHER, no corner cutting that i could find. Somehow, the pictures (nice as they are) just don't do it justice. Confession: Pete's 818 pushed my wife into "OK, get one and build it" from "What the hell are you thinking?" because he was generous enough to have us over to visit and check it out.

Pete, I'm stoked to know you're going to build something else. Might be time to get a beer or three.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Tony. I enjoyed meeting your wife and kids that day and the times we've met at Barrett-Jackson to drool over auction cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    You thought of everything. Great build.

Post Thanks / Like
    So this lady of mine wanted me to ask you for a trade HaHa
    Loved the car when you stopped by for a visit. So much attention to detail I could learn so much spending an afternoon with you Pete. Your thought process building stuff is relentless. GLWS
    And have you posted locally?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't posted anywhere else but here, so far, because I'm now in Italy.Since the F1 Monza race I've been trying to eat everything in Italy and wash it down with wine, so I may not be able to fit into my 818 when we return in October. Then, I'll list it elsewhere . . . or maybe take it to SEMA if Tony approves. I think I need a Negroni to make that decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    I haven't posted anywhere else but here, so far, because I'm now in Italy.Since the F1 Monza race I've been trying to eat everything in Italy and wash it down with wine, so I may not be able to fit into my 818 when we return in October. Then, I'll list it elsewhere . . . or maybe take it to SEMA if Tony approves. I think I need a Negroni to make that decision.
    Italy....again my lady would be jealous.

We will be at Sema and trying really hard to drive the Lotus out there even though the 818 will be more reliable lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Call me when you get back as I am very interested in buying your car. I sent you my contact information in the email I sent to your private email account.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joseph, I got your email and replied but I've had trouble with the email here in Italy so I'll call your cell when I get back.
    l

Post Thanks / Like
    My 818 has been sold. Thanks for checking out this thread. Now, onward to another project!
    Pete