Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: MT-82 mounting point

Post Thanks / Like

MT-82 mounting point

Has anyone considered using this product - MGW's shortened shifter - to solve the MT-82 length issue?

In the description section of MGW's video, the product is described as:

"This video shows how to install the new MGW Race spec shifter for the MT82 transmission applications where a shorter overall shifter location is needed for non OEM applications.

Note: This shifter unit IS AVAILABLE but you must call us to order at 706-793-1770 !!"

Later in the comments, pricing is indicated to be $475.

Without measuring, this visually looks to be a shifting location that is around a foot further forward than the standard MT-82 location:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8946bGDbCUg

I have watched the Formacars product unboxing video but it doesn't actually show how their product installs - this comes highly regarded - does anyone have an image of it on the transmission?

Post Thanks / Like
    Following. I'm interested to know if this works as another option for the MT-82 install.

Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes SanDogDewey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mt-82

We offer a shifter kit that we specifically developed for the FFR roadster and Coupe. Includes everything you need including, transmission mount, Shift mechanism, sheet metal, shifter boot and bezel. I've attached a copy of our installation instructions. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. 6145713927
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris

6. Likes SanDogDewey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chitty chitty bang bang...

We were putting a FormaCars MT82 shifter conversion kit on a trans the other day. Made a quick vid for you to see what it looks like. Hope this is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by chitty chitty bang bang View Post
    Has anyone considered using this product - MGW's shortened shifter - to solve the MT-82 length issue?

In the description section of MGW's video, the product is described as:

"This video shows how to install the new MGW Race spec shifter for the MT82 transmission applications where a shorter overall shifter location is needed for non OEM applications.

Note: This shifter unit IS AVAILABLE but you must call us to order at 706-793-1770 !!"

Later in the comments, pricing is indicated to be $475.

Without measuring, this visually looks to be a shifting location that is around a foot further forward than the standard MT-82 location:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8946bGDbCUg

I have watched the Formacars product unboxing video but it doesn't actually show how their product installs - this comes highly regarded - does anyone have an image of it on the transmission?

8. Likes SanDogDewey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of adjustments did you have to make to get the driveshaft attached. Clearly the Guibo plate will not fit with that clearance. Chris or Rob, can you provide any pictures of your driveshaft connection and the parts used to complete the fabrication of it?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Forma Cars kit. I was able to find a transmission flange to replace the factory 3 bot flange. The part number for a genuine for flange is BR3Z-7089-A . I then got a Dana Spicer Drivetrain Products 3-2-1839 - flange for a 1410 joint from Summit. I then had a driveline company make a shaft with a slip yoke in the middle.

0FD093F0-2CCE-4FC6-B497-902D3876592F.jpg
    MK4 #10328 - complete kit - Gen 3 Coyote, 6 speed, IRS - ordered 9/9/2021, Built 3/5/2022, Delivered 3/23/2022, Completed build 2/1/2023