Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wrong fuel pump?

Post Thanks / Like

Wrong fuel pump?

I have 818 # 107. I replaced the gas tank with the new tank. The sensor and fuel pump for the original tank don’t fit the new tank. I went to my local junkyard and asked for the sensors out of a 2003 tank. When I got it home and then looked in the manual. The top of fuel pump in all the photos in the manual and on the forum show 3 tubes. There seems to be a disagreement about what each one does. My fuel pump sensor has only 2 tubes. What did the junkyard give me?

I am also confused about venting. There are so many options on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hojo View Post
    I have 818 # 107. I replaced the gas tank with the new tank. The sensor and fuel pump for the original tank don’t fit the new tank. I went to my local junkyard and asked for the sensors out of a 2003 tank. When I got it home and then looked in the manual. The top of fuel pump in all the photos in the manual and on the forum show 3 tubes. There seems to be a disagreement about what each one does. My fuel pump sensor has only 2 tubes. What did the junkyard give me?

I am also confused about venting. There are so many options on the forum.
    The pump assembly below on the left is out of a 06 NA (normally aspirated) Impresa. 2 ports (pump out and Jet pump in)

The pump on the right is out of an 04 FXT Turbo. 3 ports. (pump out, return and Jet pump in)

pump.jpg

Below is my tank with labels for my turbo setup.

pump2.jpg
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 07-13-2019 at 12:06 AM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread