I ordered Summit Ultra Heat and Sound insulation mats recently and wanted to share my initial impressions, which are not positive. First off, the panels came folded in half or thirds which resulted in major creases in the soft rubber that is on one side of the aluminum. These creases from folding the panels for shipping result in bubbles and make it pretty much impossible to cut evenly or apply smoothly. In addition, one of the panels came with water damage. You can see the creases in the middle of the panel and the water damage in the photo below. Plus, when shipped there were straps wrapped around the boxes which dug into the edges of some of the panels folding up the aluminum and ruining the edge of multiple panels. Put simply, I would not buy this product again and recommend other builders use different products.

IMG_1061.jpg

I reported the above damaged panel to Summit and have not herd back from them yet. However, I did try to leave a review on Summit Racing's website for the product and was unable to. The website would tell me I needed to register an email address to post a review, though I have a user set up for Summit with an email address already registered and signed in.

I started installing the panels last night and kind of regret it. I think I probably should have just packaged them back up and returned them but I am multiple hours in now and can't imagine pulling off the product I have already attached. Only thing I can really do at this point is provide the information for others so they don't make the same mistake I made.