FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Radiator overflow mount

Post Thanks / Like

Radiator overflow mount

The radiator overflow tank mount that came with my roadster is similar to the brake reservoir mount. However, that is different than the the one pictured in the manual for the radiator mount. The mount I have does not seem to mount against the frame. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

I ran into the same issue this morning. It appears the mounts for the overflow tank are now different. I too could not get them to mount to the frame because the tank itself hit the frame and will not allow the mount to sit against the frame. Not the best design choice in my opinion.

I finally resorted to mounting it directly on the upper part of my F-panel. I hated doing this because now you can see the screws and bolt sticking out the back side of the F-panel when you look into the wheel well. I'm probably going to look for some black rubber covers to put over the bolts so it doesn't look so bad.
    MK4-IRS, 427w, TKO-600

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat427 View Post
    John,

I ran into the same issue this morning. It appears the mounts for the overflow tank are now different. I too could not get them to mount to the frame because the tank itself hit the frame and will not allow the mount to sit against the frame. Not the best design choice in my opinion.

I finally resorted to mounting it directly on the upper part of my F-panel. I hated doing this because now you can see the screws and bolt sticking out the back side of the F-panel when you look into the wheel well. I'm probably going to look for some black rubber covers to put over the bolts so it doesn't look so bad.
    Did you put the mount below the square tube or above it? In either case the mount is too thin to allow the tank to mount level and inside the frame. I'm thinking that I will need to use a spacer.

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

Here's a picture. I hope this helps.
    MK4-IRS, 427w, TKO-600

5. Thanks John T thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the picture. I'll see if that works for me.