Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GM Motor mount bracket

Post Thanks / Like

GM Motor mount bracket

Is the GM motor mount bracket the same for all LS C5 engines or should i just use different brackets all together? Pissed since i was hoping to get the motor in this weekend for measurement. The guy at GM told me yes but how quickly he barely looked at the screen and gave me the answer I'm not believing him.

Left/ Driver 10260642 ----fits fine

Right/ Passenger 10260643---- doesn't fit right pictures attached

Any help would be wonderful on this.
    Attached Thumbnails20190714_142527.jpg20190714_142533.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    If the interference is fairly minor, I would either grind clearance into the motor mount bracket or grind down that bolt boss on the block. If there is significant interference, I know I have built one set of steel motor mount brackets from scratch here for the LSX iron block install that we did here.....I'm sure I still have the CAD drawings on file and could send you the pieces and you could weld them yourself if it comes to that.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Just as a note, I had to grind my LS3 mount to clear the AC compressor even though the ones I got were supposed to be the ones that fit. A little material off the motor mount and a little material off the back of the AC compressor and I was good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    If the interference is fairly minor, I would either grind clearance into the motor mount bracket or grind down that bolt boss on the block. If there is significant interference, I know I have built one set of steel motor mount brackets from scratch here for the LSX iron block install that we did here.....I'm sure I still have the CAD drawings on file and could send you the pieces and you could weld them yourself if it comes to that.
    Thanks Shane. I'm going to try to grind the bracket this weekend and place the motor on the frame. Also going to add the body back with rear hatch and glass to see about the manifold clearance since I'm leaning towards yall's rear glass replacement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ac bracket finally came in and i see it doesn't use that screw hole at all. What is that for anyways?20190725_190220.jpg20190725_190427.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Which hole are you referring to? The deep recess in the middle of the bracket where you don't have a bolt in the first pic and do have a bolt in the 2nd pic? Looks like the block has a bolt boss there....is it not drilled and tapped? If that's the case, you may have to drill and tap that.....
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Shane i was referring to the one that is blocking the motor mount bracket from setting flush. The AC bracket i took a pic for later reference. I have the bolts and such on order from GM which I'm hoping should arrive today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah...I think I see....the bolt hole that you can only see half of under the motor mount bracket? Who knows....probably for motor mount bracket for a Camaro or truck application?
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Ah...I think I see....the bolt hole that you can only see half of under the motor mount bracket? Who knows....probably for motor mount bracket for a Camaro or truck application?
    thumbnail[1] (2).jpgthumbnail[1].jpgthumbnail[2].jpg

I hope so cause I had to cut more into it to make it fit flush. I just will wait to later when I have a second person to help me guide the motor on the frame and i'll snap more pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Just as a note, I had to grind my LS3 mount to clear the AC compressor even though the ones I got were supposed to be the ones that fit. A little material off the motor mount and a little material off the back of the AC compressor and I was good to go.
    I got really lucky i didn't have to shave anymore after getting the right AC compressor this time.20190807_182246.jpg20190807_182241.jpg20190807_182234.jpg
    Last edited by T4Twins; 08-07-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by T4Twins View Post
    I got really lucky i didn't have to shave anymore after getting the right AC compressor this time.20190807_182246.jpg20190807_182241.jpg20190807_182234.jpg
    Very nice, one less thing to do