Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 S - California SB-100 - $13,500

Post Thanks / Like

818 S - California SB-100 - $13,500

---- SOLD ----

2016 Factory 5 818 Roadster

This car was assembled in Michigan by (Phil1734) and shipped to California in 2018.
    I've owned the car for 1 year.
    Chassis has about 5,000 miles since it was assembled.
    Non-turbo 2.5 Subaru EJ251
    Total weight is just under 1800lbs.

I paid $2,000 to have it shipped to California in an enclosed trailer.
    I finished the SB-100 process earlier this year and it is now fully licensed, titled, and smog exempt.

Under my ownership, I have done the following to the car:
    *New ARP extended wheel studs and 10mm H&R wheel spacers all around
    *Factory5 Harness Bar + Racequip harnesses (only Drivers installed as I put a kids car seat in the passenger seat)
    *Stainless brake lines and clutch line
    *oil and filter change
    *new spark plugs
    *minor cosmetic improvements
    *large parts bin included

*I have a brand new Mishimoto all aluminum radiator available (additional $) and a JDM non-DCCD 6SPD STI transmission (complete setup, only starter is missing) (additional $)

I don't drive it enough to justify keeping it, hence why I'm selling.
    You can keep the current motor and enjoy as is or do a WRX/STI engine swap to your own specifications, no point in buying unknown engine work.

Make me a reasonable offer:

Details from original owner/builder:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...east-MI-15-500

Body:
    Car was built for autocross and track days and as such does not have show quality body fitment or paint job. Deck lids don’t sit perfectly flush and the front still has visible fender seams. It does have a spoiler with integrated third brake light, FFR carbon fiber rocker extensions, and replaceable aluminum rub blocks under the front corners to prevent fiberglass damage when/if bottomed out. All supplied mesh has been black anodized and installed. FFR racing sideview mirrors. Original windshield cracked before being installed so I replaced it with a higher-quality Pilkington piece. Driver’s door rubs slightly.

Chassis:
    No major modifications from the FFR design (chassis #399ES.) Riv-nuts were used where panels might want to be removed in the future such as the rear firewall. Currently the lightest street legal 818 on FFR forums at 1793lbs without fuel. FFR powdercoated gloss black.

Suspension:
    All components were sandblasted and powdercoated prior to assembly except for the steering rack and knuckles. Poly bushings installed all around. Alignment has been good enough for the last few thousand miles, but could probably use further attention if you really wanted to get the last few tenths out of it on track.
    Flat black FFR wheels with Falken Azenis RT615K tires.

Brakes:
    Front calipers installed on all corners with bias knob controlling rear line pressure. All components were powdercoated and rebuilt over the winter of ’17-’18. Pedal effort is very low and easy to modulate.

Engine:
    2003 2.5 RS engine, head gaskets, water pump, oil pump, oil pan, intake/exhaust gaskets, timing belt and pulleys, etc, etc, replaced just after build was completed and bugs shaken out. 220,000 mile rotating assembly is probably the only thing that is still left from the donor. Runs great, pulls hard and doesn’t suffer any of the heat issues or turbo lag of the WRX motors. Still works out to 11.5lbs/hp which is better than a stock WRX and on par with heavier coupe builds.
    Occasionally throws a P0420 code for catalytic converter efficiency, but not an issue with smog exemption.

Transmission:
    5MT was replaced with a used duplicate in 2017 . Lightweight flywheel installed with new clutch.

Fuel:
    Has 2nd gen FFR tank, but has been foamed and hydromat installed to prevent slosh issues. Vent line has roll-over check valve and charcoal canister attached. Some gas pumps it fills fine, others can click off early. Returns around 32mpg in spirited highway driving.

Safety:
    It has a fire extinguisher installed between the seats. Just in case. Low mounted seats keep even my 5’11” helmeted head comfortably below the roll bar.

Electrical:
    iWire wiring harness (Build #700.) Push button start and pre-fitted for foglights and cabin power aux power supply. FFR wiper system.

Ergo/Interior:
    Kirkey intermediate road race seats with additional lumbar support blocks. Momo steering wheel and collapsible Momo adaptor. Flip-down marine cupholders installed for passenger and driver. Interior is about 70% wrapped with flat black vinyl.

Miscellaneous:
    Huge list of spares both from the kit and upgrades included, general Subaru parts negotiable. Build book with receipts, maintenance records, set-up information, and registration information included. FFR assembly manual included.

MVIMG_20190616_184530.jpg
    MVIMG_20190616_162007.jpg
    MVIMG_20190616_184643.jpg
    MVIMG_20190616_184643.jpg
    IMG_20190616_184556_exported_4933980348043617778.jpg
    IMG_20180719_132220813.jpg
    Last edited by Mikeklacy; 08-05-2020 at 12:06 PM. Reason: SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of tire kickers but no meaningful offers yet. If you're interested let's make a deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Asking Price reduced to $13,500

Post Thanks / Like
    Extensive build book with receipts and copies of paperwork.

IMG_20190929_110905.jpg
    IMG_20190929_110835.jpg
    IMG_20190929_110824.jpg
    RECEIPTS.PNG

People have asked how it drive and handles. It's been driven for a few thousand miles and auto crossed by the previous owner so all the bugs have been ironed out and the chassis, brake bias, steering, etc is all spot on.

Engine has lots of miles but has been rebuilt by original builder.
    You couldn't build just the chassis, wiring harness, wheels tire, interior, etc for this price.

Still waiting on a serious offer.