FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Anyone have a left-over body buck in MA?

Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a left-over body buck in MA?

I'm expecting my kit within the next two weeks, already built a chassis dolly, now looking to build a body buck. Figured before I do so I'd ask if anyone is done with theirs in the greater Boston area.

Post Thanks / Like
    A body buck is really not needed. Buy a couple of inexpensive kayak lifting devices for either end of the body and put a 2x4 brace across the cabin cowls and you're done. The beauty of this system is that it is a one man operation to lift and lower. You'll appreciate it when you go to test fit the body multiple times. I built a body buck and quickly ditched it. Live and learn!
    MKIV #8740, Canadian base kit, Picked up Dec. 2015, ‘98 Cobra 4.6 l DOHC, T45 transmission, old style IRS, Art Cuesta dieted harness/Ron Francis chassis harness, go-cart July 2018.

3. Likes rsw81 liked this post
    Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecobr View Post
    A body buck is really not needed. Buy a couple of inexpensive kayak lifting devices for either end of the body and put a 2x4 brace across the cabin cowls and you're done. The beauty of this system is that it is a one man operation to lift and lower. You'll appreciate it when you go to test fit the body multiple times. I built a body buck and quickly ditched it. Live and learn!
    If I were lifting it up over my chassis, I would do exactly this, but unfortunately am storing the body outside. Chassis is going up on a lift so my daily driver can be under it when not working on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I live 20 miles south west of Boston and I’ve got a body back you can have p.m. me
    “Privateer”
    289 USRRC Chassis #9188 p/u 9/11/2017 Go kart 3/18/2018, road legal 6/16/2018
    Ford full roller 306 built by my son and me Holley Sniper EFI
    TKO600 2015 IRS 3:55. 17” FFR Hallibrand replicas, Power steering
    FFR Vintage instruments, Wipers and Heat/defrost
    Lots of parts and advice from Mike Forte & Mark Reynolds (Breeze Automotive)

6. Thanks rsw81 thanked for this post
    Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
    I live 20 miles south west of Boston and I’ve got a body back you can have p.m. me
    PM sent, awaiting your response. Thanks!