FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has anyone installed Forte's Mechanical Throttle linkage as an afterthought?

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone installed Forte's Mechanical Throttle linkage as an afterthought?

Just as the title states. I went with the supplied cable setup from FFR but i have been looking into running a mechanical linkage. Forte seems to make a nice setup but i'm not sure if installing it after the fact is going to be a real PITA or what. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I did an installation on my old Mk 3.1 with the body on. It was a little bit of a pain, but doable, nonetheless. Search for Forte's linkage here on the forums and many posts will show up. If there's any chance of taking the body off, it would make it slightly easier. I understand all that is involved with "just taking the body off".

Scott
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did my own before Forte was selling his kit. I am actually not sure how much the body matters. The worst for me was laying upside down in the driver foot box. Once I finally decided it was worth it to remove the driver seat that was much better. One hint, mount the cross shaft as low on the firewall as possible. The bell crank inside the foot box always fights to not contact the top wall of aluminum.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you mount everything and you make contact with the top of the footbox you can fabricate a relief for the linkage in the top of the footbox aluminum. You can see mine in the video. Good luck. https://youtu.be/cbbJa3_Fn1c
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input guys. I’m going to order it and give it a shot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Non-donor - Engine Factory 351w/400hp - TKO500 - 3-Link - Cobra brakes - FFmetal - Wilwood pedals - FR500 wheels - NCPainter

Owner of FFmetal.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone installed or modified this for a Mustang EFI set-up?