Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Buying an FFR from out of state and titling in New York

Post Thanks / Like

Buying an FFR from out of state and titling in New York

Does anyone know the what is needed to transfer the title of a FFC purchased from another state to New York?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I would first check with the NY DMV website or call them

Post Thanks / Like
    You need the seller to sign the back of the MCO and get bill of sale, that's all I needed when I purchased unbuilt kit out of state. Had no issues during registration

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bil1024 View Post
    You need the seller to sign the back of the MCO and get bill of sale, that's all I needed when I purchased unbuilt kit out of state. Had no issues during registration
    OP is asking about a titled vehicle. Not one still on an MCO. There are differences from state to state. For DD's, most states would do a straight up out of state title transfer with a signed/released title and bill of sale. Not sure that would work with one of these. Again, check.

Side note -- surprised you got away with signing the MCO. My state (Michigan) wouldn't allow me to do that. Says specifically on the document that only registered dealers can sign/release an MCO. It's not a normal consumer document like a title.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it has a title already it should be as easy as any other car.

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    If it has a title already it should be as easy as any other car.

stack
    Not when I transferred a Cobra from NH with a RI VIN. DMV had me trailer the car to Field Investigations and it was looked over by State Troopers. It wasn't as stringent as getting a NYS VIN, but I still had to jump though an extra hoop.
    Mark III 4630RD Explorer 302, Holley SA570, FRPP B-cam, 4 to 4's, 3 Link, Bullitt wheels, Baer Brakes, 3.73 gears, HD T-5, I2 wiring, Koni Coilovers, Classic Gauges. Jaguar Racing Green w/ Silver stripes

PM me if you live in Upstate New York. Get added to the "Upstate Cobras" email list. 60+ members!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know. May be selling my CT cobra to my dad in NY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tt400 View Post
    Does anyone know the what is needed to transfer the title of a FFC purchased from another state to New York?
    Thanks
    Your question is far too generic to respond to with confidence, you left out what state you are transferring from, and how the title reads. Be very specific on how the titles reads when responding.

Bill
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA