Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: on-on switch?

Post Thanks / Like

on-on switch?

While ordering switches, i came across a Lucas type "on-on" switch to use with "low-beam / high-beam".

EDIT: I might not have explained my question well. I am a complete novice at this.

When using a typical off/on switch with a relay, I can use NC and NO (87a and 87 I think) to power two accessories, so it acts like an on-on switch. If that's the case, then why does a dedicated "on-on" switch exist? Is it so we don't have to use a relay?
    Last edited by zee; 02-10-2022 at 10:49 PM.
    Complete novice who doesn't know what he's doing.
    MKIV with BPE 347 & TKX. IRS. A crap ton of mods.
    Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Now you know why you tried to be home before dark!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think the Ron Francis kit uses an On/On switch for the hazard lights.
    I'd have to look at the wiring diagram, but I think I recall being perplexed by that very switch.
    I think it routes power from the hazard lights to the blinkers; however wiring the dash was a long time ago for me.
    Check your wiring diagram and I bet you'd figure it out pretty quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    The RF kit uses the three position headlight switch to select between OFF-PARK-LOW and uses the On/On toggle to select low/high beam. One option is, if using the Russ Thompson turn signal system, to use the momentary button on the end of the stalk along with an Ididit high/low beam switching relay, thereby eliminating the need for the on/on toggle switch altogether. Another option I've seen is to use a floor mounted high/low beam selector switch like some cars from the 60's and 70's had.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    JohnK is correct. No headlight relays used with the Ron Francis harness in it’s “as designed” configuration.

Jeff

6. Thanks zee thanked for this post