BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tuning Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Tuning Problem

Hello Everyone. Having a weird issue and wondering if anyone else may have experienced it before. 1963 Ford Fairlane with a 2017 Coyote and Edelbrock TVS-2650 Supercharger. Stock throttle body. PMAS air intake (have tried others). 95lb fuel injectors. Aeromotive in tank pump. Long tube headers. 6R80 auto. LUND has been remote tuning (or attempting to). FRPP w/ SCT . Cranks fine. At idle 43lb fuel press with vac line, 55 without. Never drops even when reving engine. At idle the log varies, showing a 30% - 70% fuel correction. Run it to 2000 rpm and little correction, sometimes pulling fuel out. Did a leak test and found nothing. Did a compression test and all good. No matter how much fuel added through the tune it shows it needs more. Plugs look pretty good, maybe a bit on the lean side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Location of O2 sensors. Condition of O2 sensors. Header leak up stream of O2 sensor.
    Mass Air sensor location. Dirty mass air sensor. Air leak after mass air sensor.
    Did Jon verify any of this with you?
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    Location of O2 sensors. Condition of O2 sensors. Header leak up stream of O2 sensor.
    Mass Air sensor location. Dirty mass air sensor. Air leak after mass air sensor.
    Did Jon verify any of this with you?
    Tried new O2's, no change. Installed a PMAS so we had an intake that they had worked with before. Same issue. Tried diff mass air, same issue. Have sprayed cleaner everywhere searching for a leak and nothing. Only thing you suggested that I haven't checked is for exhaust leaks. I did go over all the bolts again.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a lot of experience here https://svtperformance.com/
    You can get plenty of guessing, like I provided, but someone with the same set up might be there.
    Good luck, let us know how it goes.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    FIXED. I’m embarrassed to say what it was but maybe this will help someone in the future. The feed from the drivers side valve cover had been ran to the connection behind the throttle body (usually where a brake booster connects) instead of to the air intake. That was it. Soooooo there’s hours of my life I’ll never get back but a great learning experience .