FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: requesting pictures of dashes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made a blank dash (with 3/32" material vs stock .040") and rearranged the gauges as many others did (competition dash). With the stiffer dash and an aluminum brace plate (3/32") approx 12" wide, mounted in the center above the tunnel from the dash to the frame, makes the dash pretty solid. The firewall is 3/32" too, to add some stiffness, needed because of the large hole for the heater push-out box.

I also made a heater push-out box (2 1/4" out) and made a glove box. Mine is welded together, but could easily be a riveted assembly. With the push-out, the glove box is 3" deep at the top and 4" at the bottom.

Dash -3.jpg Dash Assy.jpg GB Back View.jpg
    Last edited by Ducky2009; 07-24-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    I went the path of the competition dash with a little twist. Real Carbon fiber that is currently getting clearcoated. Speedhut Revolution Gauges with all billet push buttons. Headlight switch and ignition key are on home made dash supports under the dash. Seeing that all the gauges are programmable with LED warning lights, I decided to center the auxiliary gauges around the speedo in the center. High beam indicator and turn signals are integral to the GPS speedometer as well.

ScottCarbon Fiber Dash.jpg
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.