FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Help with Scott Drake steering wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Help with Scott Drake steering wheel

Hi everybody,

This is my first post, I got a used FF 65 Roadster MKII. Although the car is in great shape, I'm looking bought with the idea of improving it.

First thing I wanted to do is change the steering wheel from the default on the MKII (leather one, 14") for a Scott Drake 15" wood one.

I took care of getting a 6 holes steering wheel to match my current steering wheel hub, but found out now that the holes do not match. I tried and search for a new hub, but all I can find are not compatible with my steering column. The steering column on my MKII is round with a chamfer, and all the hubs I found have a spline.

Now I don't know which is the best way to proceed. Also is surprising to me that being the holes not standard, no steering wheel specifies the distance between holes. I'm not sure if getting a Scott Drake 14" instead of the 15" would solve my problem, or which hub should I get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi erne and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your car!

I cant answer about the Scott Drake steering wheel or finding a matching hub to make it work. But...

I have a Factory 5 14" wood steering wheel, the one that comes with the Roadster kit, with the matching hub just sitting around. It was installed once, but never used for driving. Just needs a few bolts and nuts and the center bolt n washer and you're good to go. I can set you a very good price if you're interested... like 1/4 or 1/2 price or something...
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Have you looked at the quick release set up by Mark Reynolds over at Breeze Automotive?

https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...wheel-hub-kit/

4. Thanks Derald Rice thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could get a 15" Cobra wheel direct from Moto Lita in the UK. Direct bolt on.
    https://www.moto-lita.co.uk/steering...-wood-rim-oem/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydster View Post
    Hi erne and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your car!

I cant answer about the Scott Drake steering wheel or finding a matching hub to make it work. But...

I have a Factory 5 14" wood steering wheel, the one that comes with the Roadster kit, with the matching hub just sitting around. It was installed once, but never used for driving. Just needs a few bolts and nuts and the center bolt n washer and you're good to go. I can set you a very good price if you're interested... like 1/4 or 1/2 price or something...
    Can you send me some pictures? Maybe it's a good option. If you wish send me a message with photos, price and you location (to estimate shipping costs) and maybe we can make a deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PG_Cobra View Post
    You could get a 15" Cobra wheel direct from Moto Lita in the UK. Direct bolt on.
    https://www.moto-lita.co.uk/steering...-wood-rim-oem/
    Thanks, didn't know that brand. Looks like it is what I was looking for, sad thing is that I will have to return my Scott Drake steering wheel. Next time I will have to research more before jumping into buying things I'm not sure they will feet my MKII.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erne.castro View Post
    Can you send me some pictures? Maybe it's a good option. If you wish send me a message with photos, price and you location (to estimate shipping costs) and maybe we can make a deal.
    Sure, let me get some pics and I'll PM ya.

Edit: PM sent.
    Last edited by Boydster; 07-21-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    When I started reading, I thought I'll bet someone has one that will be offered up in a few posts...... It only took one.

Going with a larger wheel, you can always shim the bearing up a little if needed. It doesn't take much to make a difference.

10. Likes Boydster liked this post