Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: UCA Threaded Rod Length in Sleeve

Post Thanks / Like

UCA Threaded Rod Length in Sleeve

Today was Go Kart day! I'll be updating my build thread shortly. Anyhow, I was doing some post adjustments on the UCA's until I get my official alignment, but the front passenger wheel had a little too much negative camber, so wanted to bring it back into a rough alignment and wasn't sure how many threads showing on the sleeve is considered acceptable without creating a safety issue? If I recall correctly, the threaded rods are 2.25" long, with a diameter of 1". Here's a picture of the front sleeve/threaded rod on my passenger side.

Counting the threads under the lock nut as well, I have about 1.25" of threads showing, so if my recall of the threaded rod length is 2.25...that leaves an inch so would be considered OK?
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an old picture showing 2-3/8 so close enough. Yep, I think you are fine as is.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, that you can lengthen both of the UCA sleeves a little and push the top of the wheel outward. It doesn't have to be only one doing all the work... You also have your Toe adjustments that will cause some minor changes to all of that...

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby