FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has anyone painted their headlight buckets?

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone painted their headlight buckets?

After all of headlight preparation and countless test fits, the buckets are not in the greatest shape. Has anyone attempted painting theirs and how did that turn out?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vikby4qj7EgUAQMEA
    818C - #458 | Delivered-11/16/16 | First Start/Go Kart-8/24/18 |
    Daily: 2004 WRX
    Weekend: 2012 S4

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I spray painted the headlight buckets with Krylon Fusion, gloss black. That was 4 years ago and they still look good with no cracks or blisters. I live in a perfect paint test area. Look up the temperature today in Scottsdale, AZ.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a plastic specific spray paint from advance auto, probably duplicolor. Considering I had to contour the buckets to the fenders with a heat gun to get a good seal, the paint turned out pretty decent.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Rustoleum 2x ultra cover paint and primer in flat black. It looks good, but hasn't been tested at all.