FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: There are Too Many Engines in My Life

Post Thanks / Like

There are Too Many Engines in My Life

I'm getting older, retired and don't really need or want that much ongoing maintenance in my life (not that I ever kept up with it anyway) and it's time to get rid of stuff. Like engines. It's hard to accept, but...I have too many engines.

Cars, weed whackers, leaf blowers, foggers, tractors, RTVs, boats, motorcoach, chain saws, generators, mowers, seeder, sprayers, log splitter, half a dozen "someday" projects, engines from old equipment, etc.. And, in a few weeks a shiny new Mike Forte's 347 arrives.

We have a big place for our area, 6 acres in an "equine" community, and a little vacation cabin in the NC Mountains (near Tail of the Dragon) that sits on 37 more. So there's more equipment for maintaining the grounds, and a number of duplicates between both places. But even then I'm surprised. If you haven't done it, count the engines in your life. For me it's 27. And something has to go before that 347 gets here. I'm thinking it's time to give my son some of this stuff. Weed whacker, chainsaw, blower....Yeah, three 2-cycles, that'll even out maintenance on a 347. LOL

2. Likes nightnight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!!!! Wow never really thought about it but I have 15...16 when our 347 comes lol

And then there are the COUNTLESS little nitro powered engines.....

Kurt
    Last edited by SSNK4US; 07-22-2019 at 08:25 PM.
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

4. Likes RBachman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve heard before that you simply add up the number of cylinders and that number should equal your age. For example, if you’re 26 years old you might have two V8 engined cars, an inline-6 pickup truck, a 2-cylinder lawnmower and one each weed whacker and leaf blower. Total count on those cylinders = 26.

Using this method, I’m a bit behind right now.... time to buy some more engines!
    Logan's Gen 3 Coupe-R Build
    Ordered 4/23/19 | Delivered 6/29/19 | First Start 8/1/20 | First Drive 9/20/20

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in my mid thirties. I only have ten engines with about 5 of those being V8's. It does get a bit much to maintain at times, but I also take pride in having good running machinery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only have 8 now since we moved here 3 years ago, use to have 15 when we were in MA.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 68 and can only count about 53 cylinders on the place. Oldest is a 100 plus year old "hit and miss" engine and the latest is a new weedwacker. Guess I'm a bit behind the curve.