Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Shift lever recommendation

Post Thanks / Like

Shift lever recommendation

I am looking at shifters for a T56 Magnum in a roadster. For those of you with this tranny, which would you recommend? 6 Inch 30 degree bend, or 8 or 10 inch, straight or 30 degree bend? Not sure if I can go midshift. What have you chosen?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the mid-shift mod, although I did it on a TKO600. This is the shifter I went with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There was a thread here some time ago (sometime early 2017 maybe?) that discussed different shifters and the one listed above seemed to be a favorite. I know at least one builder modified the shifter to shorten it somewhat. I think this thing will fit a number of different applications.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 427 shifter from ********** $99 now was cheaper a few years ago.

Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
    I have the 427 shifter from ********** $99 now was cheaper a few years ago.

2X Same here and I have the T-56/Coyote combo, love the tranny shifts like butter and the handle lands in a perfect positon to shift right off the steering wheel.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. Went with the 6" 30 degree angle one, hopefully it'll fit nicely. Gotta stop buying parts now, and wait until I have the car. Still waiting for it to be picked up by Stewart.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to add to your thought process, I used the shifter from my '93 donor. I just turned it 180* and it falls directly under my hand.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use the 427 shifter, be cautious of the lockout levers, they catch on sleeves, and actually cut me once. I’ve removed them.

John
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    how long is the shifter handle from f-line ?

the straight FFR stock shifter handle seems to crimp the rubber boot quite a bit, I like the straight up and angled over version from other vendors
    also, what's the difference between the T5 and the TL versions? T5 says it fits FFR and 1/2 the price

I have the coyote with TKX in rear position
    Last edited by toadster; 12-15-2023 at 12:23 PM.
    Todd
    25th Anniversary MkIV | #20 of 25 | Build #9772
    https://cobradreams.com/ <- my build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toadster View Post
    how long is the shifter handle from f-line ?

the straight FFR stock shifter handle seems to crimp the rubber boot quite a bit, I like the straight up and angled over version from other vendors
    also, what's the difference between the T5 and the TL versions? T5 says it fits FFR and 1/2 the price

I have the coyote with TKX in rear position
    Check out the one we sell. Satin Stainless Steel and solves the problem with the shifter boot. It even works with the Factory 5 provided knob.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7881855&type=3

Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by i.e.427 View Post
    Check out the one we sell. Satin Stainless Steel and solves the problem with the shifter boot. It even works with the Factory 5 provided knob.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7881855&type=3

Frank
    nice Frank! do you have a chrome or polished version?
    Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Viking View Post
    Thanks guys. Went with the 6" 30 degree angle one, hopefully it'll fit nicely. Gotta stop buying parts now, and wait until I have the car. Still waiting for it to be picked up by Stewart.
    where did you find a shorter version?
    Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toadster View Post
    nice Frank! do you have a chrome or polished version?
    We do not. More options drive the prices higher and inventory/overhead cost. We chose the satin finish because it can easily be polished by the end user if wanted.

Frank

13. Likes toadster liked this post