BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DRL’s and correctly operating 4 Way flashers

Post Thanks / Like

DRL’s and correctly operating 4 Way flashers

What I’m asking here is has anyone found how to have key on white DRL’s plus yellow 4 way flashers when the key is off, just using the wiring supplied in the kit??

I’ve figured out how to get everything working with one 3 Amp diode per side, but my first assumption is that I’ve missed something.
    ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Landymore View Post
    What I’m asking here is has anyone found how to have key on white DRL’s plus yellow 4 way flashers when the key is off, just using the wiring supplied in the kit??

I’ve figured out how to get everything working with one 3 Amp diode per side, but my first assumption is that I’ve missed something.
    ???
    Pat It was a puzzle for me as well. I ended up using the unused fan thermo swith wire in the harness for the extra wire needed. I tapped into that under the dash from key on supply. You have to have that extra wire to the running lights. I did a number of ways before it worked out right. But when you have that extra wire hooked up it affects the way the flashers work. Finally got mine to flash and blink amber.

If your still having trouble I'm wiring mine back up this weekend and can take a picture of whats wired to what.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the offer Bruce.

I’ve got the separate power wire going to my daytime running lights, they and the signal flashers work correctly as white and yellow respectively. The 4 ways are different animal.

If you’re 4 ways are working with only yellow, with the key and headlights off, then I’m absolutely interested to see how you did that!

Post Thanks / Like
    At this point I will also add the caveat: With no feedback to any other part of the electrical system. Turned the radio off in the shop and can hear my Super Sniper clicking in time to the 4 ways. Have added three more diodes in series with different front lighting wires and it’s still there...

Also my digital fuel pressure gauge and Air Fuel ratio gauges were blinking on and off.

This is a head scratcher for sure
    Last edited by Pat Landymore; 05-01-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I finally conquered it with just two diodes.

One diode is between the DRL common feed and one signal light. This ensures that voltage from the 4 way flasher is present on both DRL feeds so that the 4 way flashers will turn yellow when engaged.

The second diode is the other way around so that the DRL feed will power the DRL’s but no voltage from the 4 way flashers will back up into the ignition system when the key is off and the 4 ways are on.

That’s my method. I’m certainly interested to find out how others have done this.
    Last edited by Pat Landymore; 05-01-2020 at 04:37 PM.