Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Chvey builders using a hood beware

Post Thanks / Like

Chvey builders using a hood beware

Well I went to put the hood on today for the first time with the air filter on and guess what ? With the 2 inch high air filter on the 4 barrel holly sitting on top of a 350 small block its about 1 inch to tall to allow the hood to lay flat. Luckily I am not going to be running with a hood. However I will need the hood on to get it titled in New Jersey. So I just ordered a cheap hood scoop that I will cut into the hood so I can get it titled

Not the end of the world but just to let any chevy builders know

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by herb fraser View Post
    Well I went to put the hood on today for the first time with the air filter on and guess what ? With the 2 inch high air filter on the 4 barrel holly sitting on top of a 350 small block its about 1 inch to tall to allow the hood to lay flat. Luckily I am not going to be running with a hood. However I will need the hood on to get it titled in New Jersey. So I just ordered a cheap hood scoop that I will cut into the hood so I can get it titled

Herb you can use a dropped air filter.i have one I can send you send me a pm.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 33 with a 350 SBC, but I think the issue is probably about the same. I couldn't find something that would work out of the box, so I actually had to use a combination of a 1/2 spacer on top of the Carb (MRG-9340), a filter base with a 1-1/4 drop (SUM-G3000), and then a 2 inch high air filter.
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    thats very kind of you , but I think its going to be OK as I only need the hood to get me title And if I want to use the hood I can cut most of the flange off of the air filter base giving me almost 3/4 of an inch which should od it , Thanks so much
    Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post
    Herb you can use a dropped air filter.i have one I can send you send me a pm.

Post Thanks / Like
    btw I spoke with
    Jay today at FF and they are working on the issue
    Herb

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by herb fraser View Post

I just started fitting my radiator and hood. I see your issue I see a home made scoop in my future