#9624 rsw81 (Rob) MkIV Bld Thread

I'm excited to announce my kit finally arrived today. Current plans:
    - Complete Kit
    - Powder Coated Chassis
    - Coyote Engine with TKO 600 transmission
    - 2015 Mustang IRS
    - Body Cut Outs
    - Leather Roadster Seats
    - Manual Rack (I know the geometry is better on power steering)
    - Vintage GPS gauges
    - 18" Halibrand Replica Wheels staggered setup
    - Full length Coyote headers and Stainless FF Pipes
    - Stainless front/rear pumps
    - Wind Wings
    - Dual Chrome Roll Bars
    - Roll bar grommet set
    - Assembled louvers
    - Wilwood brakes
    - Oil Temp Gauge (can't believe these cars don't come with this as standard)

Been reading through edwardb's threads and will do some of the upgrades he has done, like the e-brake pulley system, etc. Thanks ahead of time for the wealth of knowledge shared on this forum. Been reading here for nearly 2 years toying with the idea of starting this build.

Rob
    20190726_092956764_iOS.jpg
    20190726_093705021_iOS.jpg
    20190726_103922792_iOS.jpg
    20190726_111534921_iOS.jpg
    20190807_174531732_iOS.jpg
    20190808_023138449_iOS.jpg
    Last edited by rsw81; 04-17-2020 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Editing Pictures

2. Likes Boydster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!! Congratulations!! We need pictures!
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

4. Likes rsw81 liked this post
    Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures added Boydster! Not sure why they are coming in upside down or 90 degrees off. Got the Bendpak HD-9 today; snug fit top to bottom, but everything fits!

6. Likes Boydster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I can't figure out the lack of oil temp gauge either. My old MkII has one. But, hey, I think they do give you a clock.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

8. Likes rsw81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations and welcome. You and the boys are in for a great time.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

10. Likes rsw81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck and have fun! FYI, I have manual steering as well which so far at speed works great. It does drive a bit like a dump truck though below 5mph so I plan on upgrading this winter to power. It's certainly not required though and I could live with it as-is forever if needed.
    MK IV Roadster #7999
    Ford Racing 427x; QF 670 Carb; TKO 600; 3.31 Rear End; 3-link; 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Khumo Ecstas (245 front, 315 rear), EPAS Power Steering; Power Brakes; 8/1/19 - Legal in gelcoat!; 12/1/20 - Paint & bodywork in progress! Silver, no black, no red, wait now silver....

12. Likes rsw81 liked this post
    Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CFranks View Post
    Good luck and have fun! FYI, I have manual steering as well which so far at speed works great. It does drive a bit like a dump truck though below 5mph so I plan on upgrading this winter to power. It's certainly not required though and I could live with it as-is forever if needed.
    Good to hear. I was hesitant re: the manual vs power steering, but figured it's easy enough to change later if need be. Aiming for the car to be remain as analog as possible.

Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know how to fix the orientation of the pictures? They look fine on my computer before I upload them, then get turned upon upload to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the madness. I thought you might live in Australia given the photo orientation. Get ready for a lot of fun in the garage and make sure you have your helpers with you where you can. My helper is 19 and has been an incredible keeper of my sanity. He also orders parts when I forget and chooses not to tell me.

Scott
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdonnel View Post
    Welcome to the madness. I thought you might live in Australia given the photo orientation. Get ready for a lot of fun in the garage and make sure you have your helpers with you where you can. My helper is 19 and has been an incredible keeper of my sanity. He also orders parts when I forget and chooses not to tell me.

Scott
    Haha, sounds like a good excuse for the son to order parts without the wife getting too upset. I definitely plan on having the boys involved as much as possible. I plan to tackle one side myself to problem solve, then have the boys do the other side of say the front suspension the following session with me. That way I can get frustrated alone and not with them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Robert, are you sure about that build number I see in you signature line? Because mine is 9506 also. delivered 12/26/2018.

Did you get you picture rotation issue figured out?

Also, if you truly want this to be a build thread you might start it in the sub forum entitled Build Threads. Currently it’s just in the general Roadster questions section. Just a “FYI”

Bradley
    Last edited by GTBradley; 04-16-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I don't see how to move it. Any insight? Or does a moderator have to do it?

I never did figure out why the pictures were turned. They look fine in my computer before I upload them.

I read that number 9506 off some of my paperwork, but was before they mailed me my tag numbers. Are the build numbers the last 4 digits of the serial number? If so, I'm 9624.
    Last edited by rsw81; 04-16-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    - Rob

MkIV Roadster, Complete Kit #9624, Coyote 5.0, TKO600, IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Halibrand Wheels
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...kIV-Bld-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsw81 View Post
    Thanks, I don't see how to move it. Any insight? Or does a moderator have to do it?

I never did figure out why the pictures were turned. They look fine in my computer before I upload them.

I read that number 9506 off some of my paperwork, but was before they mailed me my tag numbers. Are the build numbers the last 4 digits of the serial number? If so, I'm 9624.
    I do believe a moderator could move it. Send a pm to David Hodgkins and I’ll bet he’ll be able to.

Yeah, the system is pretty wonky when it comes to pictures, but you’ll develop a procedure. I’ve always had good luck opening the picture on a Windows computer previewer and rotatIng it to right side up and then close. It always stays after that, even if it looked un-rotated.

9624 sounds right for the mid-year delivery last year. It is the last four numbers, though it has RD after that - mine is 9506RD
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

20. Thanks rsw81 thanked for this post