Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Radiator cowl and Hood Hinges

Post Thanks / Like

Radiator cowl and Hood Hinges

This picture in the manual shows alot of clearance above the hood hinge bracket to the radiator cowl. My cowl is actually touching the bracket. Do y'all have that much clearance?

hood hinge1.JPG

Also, are there exposed mounting screws around the radiator cowl close to the grille?

And also, how do you get tight fit of radiator cowl to grille - Body putty all the way around??

Thanks,
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    My hood brackets were rubbing on the cowl also. I finally turned the mount bracket around so that the support side was on the radiator side. There are some discussions of this on the forum that should show up in a search.
    I had to sand and fill around the cowl to get it to fit to my satisfaction.
    Good luck.
    Ralph

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ron it is a tight fit there. Adjust so you have at least 1/4" clearance or else you may have problems down the road. Ask me I know, LOL. That is why I have Ford emblems on mine. I used button heads for extra clearance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ralph, I see that now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tom.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not running with a hood so I can’t answer any questions about that. However I used the rubber bumpers provided and attached them to the grille which brought up the cowl to meet the grille
    At the top of the grille I added a washer or two to bring it up even more and the sides I had to trim the rubber grommets down in places to get mine the way I liked them. I even went as far as to DA my grille down with 80 on the top to get even a better fit with the fiberglass after the polisher guy hit it it’s all good. I did not have any filler on my cowl other than the top center seam. Rob
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robodent View Post
    I’m not running with a hood so I can’t answer any questions about that. However I used the rubber bumpers provided and attached them to the grille which brought up the cowl to meet the grille
    At the top of the grille I added a washer or two to bring it up even more and the sides I had to trim the rubber grommets down in places to get mine the way I liked them. I even went as far as to DA my grille down with 80 on the top to get even a better fit with the fiberglass after the polisher guy hit it it’s all good. I did not have any filler on my cowl other than the top center seam. Rob
    Rob, Do you have exposed screws/bolts going through the sides of the cowl into the grille?
    Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Ron. I installed one button head through the two of them pretty much level with the head light
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600