Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New FFR family member

Post Thanks / Like

New FFR family member

Just wanted to introduce myself. About a month ago I was lucky enough to purchase a Complete Roadster kit from Barret Jackson Auto show in CT with all the bells and whistles that were on my dream sheet. I will be able to pick up the kit in October. The kit has the following options:

Coyote install and supporting mods
    IRS
    Willwood front and rear brakes
    Leather Seats
    Passenger and driver rollbars
    full length headers
    frame powder coated
    power steering
    windwings
    sunvisors
    GPS gauges
    front and rear sway bar

Things my wife and I are still considering for more full year driveability and uniqueness

Air conditioning
    Soft top
    Gen 5 3.0 whipple

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!! Interested in whether you follow through with the Gen 5 Whipple...
    Logan's Gen 3 Coupe-R Build
    Ordered 4/23/19 | Delivered 6/29/19 | First Start 8/1/20 | First Drive 9/20/20

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Welcome!! Interested in whether you follow through with the Gen 5 Whipple...
    Power adder, most definitely. The whipple just seems to be the best choice so far. I really want to do a turbo build but turbo placement with the power steering and air conditioning and sway bars just seems to complicated; plus, the new whipple design is pretty impressive.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the Whipple Gen V or the Edelbrock E-Force are awesome units. Considering one myself down the road, but I was comparing them to a centrifugal supercharger (instead of turbos).

The centrifugal route is similar in that it’s more complex than the positive-displacement (PD) blowers, but it’s still easier than turbos because the exhaust doesn’t have to be messed with. Just bolt on the head unit and wrap the belt around the pulley. Either way, PD or Centri, I am waiting to see what my Coupe drives like with an NA Coyote first.
    Logan's Gen 3 Coupe-R Build
    Ordered 4/23/19 | Delivered 6/29/19 | First Start 8/1/20 | First Drive 9/20/20

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard! Congrats on your purchase and good luck with your upcoming build!
    Craig

10/2018 -- acquired Mk3.1 #6602 which was an unfinished project in go-kart stage; 9/2019 -- completed car enough to drive locally and compete in autocross events; still in original black gel-coat; 347 Stroker w/ Holley 650 carb, roller cam; Tremec 3550; 3.51 rear diff; lots of Breeze pieces; 2021 -- XP Champion in Central PA Region - SCCA Autocross Series; 2022 - installed windshield and registered in PA; my Build Thread -- https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ished-Business

6/2022 -- acquired Mk3 #1004; finished build; 347 stroker w/ Holley 560 carb SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations and welcome to the fun times... This forum will be a life saver for you... welcome again!!!

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like

yep

Quote Originally Posted by nick7405 View Post
    Just wanted to introduce myself. About a month ago I was lucky enough to purchase a Complete Roadster kit from Barret Jackson Auto show in CT with all the bells and whistles that were on my dream sheet. I will be able to pick up the kit in October. The kit has the following options:

Coyote install and supporting mods
    IRS
    Willwood front and rear brakes
    Leather Seats
    Passenger and driver rollbars
    full length headers
    frame powder coated
    power steering
    windwings
    sunvisors
    GPS gauges
    front and rear sway bar

Things my wife and I are still considering for more full year driveability and uniqueness

Air conditioning
    Soft top
    Gen 5 3.0 whipple

I recently bought a turnkey car, a 2018 build with an identical spec to your kit. I'm in NY not far from the CT border. if you are in the area and want to stop by and see the car you are welcome to do so. I can pretty much guarantee that you'll cross the supercharger off your list after driving my car with the stock coyote :-).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everybody for the warm welcome and sorry for the late reply. I was lucky enough to make this purchase however had to go out on deployment immediately after and was unable to pick up the car. I will be picking her up in the next week or two.

CASCADE: I may take you up on that offer, I've owned and driven a lot of cars but have never had any experience or seat time in one of these. I have built/owned a turbo 93 mustang (912hp) and kennebell shelbygt500 which ran 10.0's on stock wheels & drag radials. But as you know, a 2500lb car has completely different driving habits and characteristics.