BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel Filler Neck question

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel Filler Neck question

I cut the fuel filler pipe as instructed in the FF manual. Without the instructions on how to use the rubber hose to connect them I found the following picture on one of the forum posts:

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 3.39.10 PM.png

Then I went looking for those rubber hoses in the boxes... No luck. The only thing I could find, which I think is indicated to be the fuel filler hose is this:

IMG_2853.JPG

As near as I can figure, I need to cut the fuel filler hose (Picture 2) to make it work as it shows in the first picture above. Is that correct?

Figured it would be smart to check prior to cutting up a hose that I suspect is going to be tough to find if I need it for another use.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Slider; 07-28-2019 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Clarity
    BUILT WITH MY DAD! - MK4, 5.0 Coyote, TK0 600 with Mid-Shift, Hydraulic Clutch, Power Steering, Custom Built Stainless 4:1:4 Headers by "Stainless Headers", Dual-Rollbars, 15" Wheels, Foot Box Vents and Seat Heaters, Patriot Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes Kit arrived: June 2, 2012 - Driving: May 22, 2013
    BUILDING WITH MY DAD! - Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe, Gen3 Coyote, TKO 600, IRS, Hydraulic Clutch, PS, Stainless headers, 17" wheels, Race Seats, GPS Gauges Ordered 1-30-2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You got it Slider,

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Figured that was the case... but appreciate the confirmation

I'm pretty sure that the 3 minutes it might have taken FF to include that in the manual might have been worth it... :-)
    BUILT WITH MY DAD! - MK4, 5.0 Coyote, TK0 600 with Mid-Shift, Hydraulic Clutch, Power Steering, Custom Built Stainless 4:1:4 Headers by "Stainless Headers", Dual-Rollbars, 15" Wheels, Foot Box Vents and Seat Heaters, Patriot Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes Kit arrived: June 2, 2012 - Driving: May 22, 2013
    BUILDING WITH MY DAD! - Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe, Gen3 Coyote, TKO 600, IRS, Hydraulic Clutch, PS, Stainless headers, 17" wheels, Race Seats, GPS Gauges Ordered 1-30-2019

Post Thanks / Like
    The manual is often behind the design. The Gen 3 manual beta version came out about 6 months after I got my kit, I had a Gen 2 manual. Just the way it is. We have a great group here to help each other out.
    the basic stuff is all the same it is the details that are Fun to work out. Like I often say if it was simple everyone would have one of our cars.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Williamson View Post
    The manual is often behind the design. The Gen 3 manual beta version came out about 6 months after I got my kit, I had a Gen 2 manual. Just the way it is. We have a great group here to help each other out.
    the basic stuff is all the same it is the details that are Fun to work out. Like I often say if it was simple everyone would have one of our cars.
    David W
    I built a MK4 about 5 years ago. I'm familiar with the process. So I am a fan of FF and think they do a pretty good job. To be honest however, it is these type of details where they have incorrect photos and omit steps in the manual that would take them from doing a pretty good job to being great. With all the really good things they do, it just surprises me that they don't put more attention on these type of "little things" that make a difference. Lets be honest.... going through an updating a manual is a few days work... its not like it would break the bank to put some focus here.

But I do agree... this and the other forum are outstanding because of the generosity of other builders.
    Last edited by Slider; 07-29-2019 at 10:02 AM.