FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: need help on the PCV system

Post Thanks / Like

need help on the PCV system

I am installing an IAG Competition AOS and an Oil Control valve from Killer Bee. Not sure how to plumb it. Oil control valve is suppose to connect to both heads and a vacuum source. The AOS wants 2 head ports and vacuum as well I suspect. Any help would be appreciated. What is the difference in these 2 ports? Then of course I have the stock PCV up front that is where I think the IAG connects for vacuum.

IMG_2513.jpg
    IMG_2514.jpg

thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    None of our Subaru experts has the answer to this question?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brd.Prey View Post
    I am installing an IAG Competition AOS and an Oil Control valve from Killer Bee. Not sure how to plumb it. Oil control valve is suppose to connect to both heads and a vacuum source. The AOS wants 2 head ports and vacuum as well I suspect. Any help would be appreciated. What is the difference in these 2 ports? Then of course I have the stock PCV up front that is where I think the IAG connects for vacuum.

IMG_2513.jpg
    IMG_2514.jpg

thanks again!
    I don't have the setup you have so I will give you what makes sense to me.

Plumb the oil control valve to the 2 heads.
    The 2 lines from the AOS that are supposed to go to the heads. Plumb them to the vacuum port on the oil control valve.

The only person I know that might have this setup is Mitch Wright. Try and send him a PM.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bob, you are right on I called Killer Bee!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can also assist if you still need help. I used the KB Pan and Oil Control valve, Crawford AOS and Arctangent oil control plate.AOS and OCV 2.JPGAOS and OCV.JPG
    I mounted both the AOS and OCV as high as I could. The 2 side ports on the OCV one to each cam cover vent. The vent port one top of the OCV went to the port on the AOS (see Photo's)
    The PCV valve is eliminated and replaced with Y hose nipple the larger hose goes top AOS the smaller hose is the return from the bottom of the AOC.
    My engine was a 2004 with only a single vent on each cam cover, my hunch is the larger of the 2 nipples and cap the smaller one. I am sure a schematic of the crankcase vent system for your engine would be easy to come by online which should provide you with the info you need.
    Last edited by Mitch Wright; 07-31-2019 at 03:02 PM.

6. Thanks Brd.Prey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mitch, the guy at Killer B said that the large one is a baffles balance port and when using his valve to hook it up to the one on the other side and the crankcase drain in the middle.