Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: anyone out there with a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII DOHC engine?

Post Thanks / Like

anyone out there with a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII DOHC engine?

I'd like to talk to anyone that has the same engine as I do, 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII DOHC engine with a 1997 Cobra intake. Im still fighting (and losing) with my ECM... OBDII connector not linking to a scanner (says ERROR).

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that car used aftermarket wiring from The Detail Zone along with a Mk VIII ECM which was chipped to defeat some emissions, etc. Scott was never able to clear some faults or get the MIL to shut off (remember when you asked about the dash light that did nothing and I told you that it was the MIL which he eventually disconnected). I have to wonder if it is even possible to get a scan tool to talk to the computer after all of the rework which was done or if the OBDII connector is actually functional. Probably not what you want to hear...

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, thanks for the info... you've been extremely helpful with this issue and other Q's I've had with the car over the last couple years.
    This is my last effort before I call it quits in my quest to get the OBDII working so I can get it dyno tuned. I'm just hoping someone has the same setup as I do
    OBD2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same setup. Remember i told you your car and my car were built at the exact same time using the same motor. Like Scott, I used the Telorvek system from The Detail Zone and the ECU was flashed to delete the rear 02 sensors and PATs. And exactly like Scott, I have never been able to get the MIL light to go off.
    But, i was able to get the OBDII port to work on mine. In fact it was running rough several years ago and felt like a coil on plug was bad. Plugged in a scanner and it told me misfire on two cylinders. Two coils had gone bad.
    The weird thing, i just tried to hook up a scanner again, and i get an error. Hmm.

So, i know it's not a good help other than I know the port can work.

Again, we should get together with the cars. They are very similar. In fact i drove right past Beach Park last Saturday in the Cobra on our way to and from the Oshkosh airshow in Wisconsin.
    Good luck!
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Art Cuesta helped me with my wiring and may be able to help you with your problem.

[email protected]
    Telephone: (949) 606-3204
    http://www.wirediet.com
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    abdw-wcw,
    I remember you said our cars where "...twins" but I forgot the details. How many miles do you have on your Mark VIII engine? And, what exact scanner (model#) are you using that works (sometimes)?
    Absolutely we should get together. If you're ever back in IL or Wisconsin, please let me know (312-723-8066).
    I plan on going to the London show next year and will defiantly look you up :-)