BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Harmonic Balancer help!

Post Thanks / Like

Harmonic Balancer help!

20190731_184543.jpg 20190731_183225.jpg

Got a couple of parts that came in for me to start installing and as you can tell the harmonic balancer is to long. Of course its brand new never used but that was 2 years ago that it was purchased. Can someone point me into the right direction on which one i should be ordering since these are a pretty penny of course?

*edit sorry not sure why the pics keep turning sideways*

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't look like it is installed all the way down on the crank? Did you use an install tool and pull it down?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope what your saying is true. This is how i received its after the motor was built and went to the shop that was going to work on my car.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with crash, looks like it is not home.

Many of the aftermarket vibration dampers come quite a bit undersized by design so they must be honed to a proper interference fit. You must use an installer to pull them onto the crank nose and a remover to pull them off. If they are a slip fit that will create problems. You'll need an way to precisely measure the crank and the bore on the balancer. And then a hone to open the bore to the balancer manufacturer's recommended press fit.

Here's a basic description of what you're looking for: https://www.enginelabs.com/tech-stor...per-correctly/
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you gentleman for the advice.