Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Is there a CAD file or 3D scan of the 818 available?

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a CAD file or 3D scan of the 818 available?

Working on some aero ideas with a friend and he asked about a cad drawing or 3d scan to do some CFD modelling. Has FFR ever given that out, or someone else scan theirs?
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Post Thanks / Like
    FFR has never given it out for sure. I have some files for the 1st gen nose + hood + fenders that I can send if you have a 1st gen. I used a VR headset to trace out all of the major body lines, your friend would still need to patch all the body lines into surfaces. I have not had time to trace out the doors, quarters, or engine covers. Probably won't for at least 3 weeks. PM me an email address and I can send what I have.

3. Likes Canadian818 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    EV West did a CAD model of the frame. I think AeroWRX (or Aero818?, can't remember the name) was doing some CFD on the body at one point. I have a CAD model I got from turbosquid. It's visually correct but the size is not. I'm not a CFD guy so I'm not sure how important scale is or if you just adjust your flow to get similar reynolds numbers. FFR will absolutely not give out any CAD or anything. I asked once just for the CAD of a really small portion of one piece and they said they don't do that.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to those that reached out. I sent what I was given to my friend and I'll be sure to share any of his insights. It might take a month or two, he's busy with work and is helping me for free so I won't be rushing him. Really excited to actually get some real seat time in the car and do some real world tests. Who was it that had video of wool testing back a few years ago? Bob maybe? I plan to do some myself but I'd like to analyze whatever testing that's already been done prior. And there were two different wind tunnel tests done on the 818 right? I know there was video, and I found some on youtube, but did Dave or Jim ever share analysis with us? I'm sure I've read/watched it all before but I'm not retaining info like I used to, lol.
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Post Thanks / Like

7. Thanks Canadian818 thanked for this post