Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: New 4 post lift!

Post Thanks / Like

New 4 post lift!

Took delivery and set up my 4-post lift. One step closer to having the garage set up for my build that I am hoping to order for spring pick up!58631494168__8F047E38-C324-441F-9D0C-B58A8CEE9240.JPG58631320330__032A251E-4577-484A-A383-A1235E6378EE.jpg58629374636__BCCCA095-BCD0-4194-BFDD-5DB62BFEC4A8.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't see from your pics if that is a 2 or a 3 car garage space. I will tell you this, with the lift that close to the wall you are never going to be able to use it for your build. If you indeed have a 3 car space, I would move the lift to the center space. Otherwise all that the lift is good for is storing/stacking an extra car. And with the ceiling height you have, it doesn't look as though you can do that either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great to me. I only have a 1 car garage and a lift would do double duty as storage and make it easier to work on.
    Factory Five Racing Roadster MKIV -- #9196 -- 347ci, 475 HP, 5 Speed, Plymouth Prowler Orange Metallic

4. Thanks Fbird thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by i.e.427 View Post
    Can't see from your pics if that is a 2 or a 3 car garage space. I will tell you this, with the lift that close to the wall you are never going to be able to use it for your build. If you indeed have a 3 car space, I would move the lift to the center space. Otherwise all that the lift is good for is storing/stacking an extra car. And with the ceiling height you have, it doesn't look as though you can do that either.
    It's only for stacking both cars when build is done, will be used to store the body during build as well. Measured twice so both the vette and cobra will fit with a bit of room to spare. Only a 2 car garage. Will still be able to use it for routine maintenance as well as still enough room against the wall to walk beside the car when up in the air.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good, did you get it locally? At some point I need to get one.

Thanks John

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same lift in about the same sized garage and if you center it up in the door you will be about 10" from the wall which will give you 24" between the ramp and the wall. It's a bit cramped but I can work on that side fairly easily. I also sit on a creeper and can easily scoot around under the car at about 40-45" off the ground. Being able to work on the cars standing up is a huge benefit to the old back! Scott

8. Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JAE View Post
    Looks good, did you get it locally? At some point I need to get one.

Thanks John
    I bought it from Costco! Shipping is included in the price. The instructions for assembly are garbage but a few good videos online to show you how to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great idea. It is what I am doing since I cannot add on to my garage.image.jpg
    You are now one step closer.

11. Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - Costco, I never though of looking there. I will have to go check them out

Thanks John

13. Likes Drezx6r liked this post