Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  95

Thread: Blade's 33 build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    needs paint.jpg I have not posted in a while and the reason is simple. I got my car to the point where it drives awesome,parts don't fall off and it stops really well. I took it too the only body shop here in my little town ( pop. 4000 approx.) I meet the owner, Zane Grey Stokes, very nice young guy. He was trained at Good Guys in Chattanooga. He shows me around the shop and it's pretty much what I expected. Pretty clean and lots of high tech. When we go into the office I see a bunch of very cool framed Cars with trophy's and such. Zane then proceeds to tell me about his time doing work for Texas Metal on the show. Sure enough I checked out the episodes and there he is. I took my 33 too them early in July, have been checking in on it every couple of weeks, still sitting inside out of their way with zero being done. I'm kinda frustrated, not totally because he did say it could take 4 months to complete, maybe more. I think what will happen they will at some time just dig in and thrash. I just wanted to vent a little. Thanks
    Sorry, I must have missed this update last year - I'm kinda fascinated by this pic. It may be an optical illusion, but it appears your rear wheel is way further back than mine. I found a similar picture of mine to compare. Was this something that you did intentionally? Or is this Gen2 has longer lower arms to center the wheel better? Interesting!

wheel-placement.jpg
    Last edited by RoadRacer; 03-15-2021 at 10:23 PM.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100